Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2017, 10:47 PM   #1
Gold Member

Question Wanna get together?

Well here goes... I go by Shorty (aka Shore-T on this site). I would like to get a “come as you are” rally for any one that likes to camp and socialize. Personally I am not hung up on makes or models of RV. If you like the out doors, if you like to socialize then you might consider this offer. Last time I took on a task like this we had 20 or so Fiberglass trailers show up at Millers Ferry Corps of Engineers (COE) in Camden, AL. That outing was officially named Green Eggs and Ham (GE&H) because we try and schedule it over the Saint Patrick’s day weekend. The event grew every year to the point that we had to move to a bigger campground at Gunter Hill COE, outside of Montgomery, AL. GE&H has been conducted consecutively since 2011, and is planned again for 2018. Last year’s event drew over 100 fiberglass rigs and more are expected for 2018. I am not coordinating that event in 2018 because I wanted a break but a fellow colleague is and will do an outstanding job.

I know that some might be skeptical of a new guy showing up flapping his gums, but you can check out my bonafides at www.casitaforum.com or The Casita Club - Home for Casita Travel Trailer Owners and Prospective Owners under the respective Green Eggs and Ham threads. I go by the moniker of huevo_movil on those sites. I lost my Casite in a traffic accident on I-75 in Oct 2013. Since that time I have traveled in a CoachHouse 192 KS (Big Edna) and subsequently a modified Toyota 4 Runner (The Beast). In May 2017 we were fortunate to find Big Edna II.

Personally I like the fall time frame to camp as it allows me to boondock on the way there and back as well. However being a retired slug, dates are pretty much open for me.

In the interest of generating discussion how do the dates of Thursday, Sep 28, 2017 through Sunday, Oct 1 2017 sound? Location will be Millers Ferry COE, in Camden, AL. If participants so desire I can coordinate with a local BBQ restaurant and they will do a complete on site BBQ for a very reasonable per person price. If there is no interest in the BBQ, we can just do a whole lot of sittin around, fishin and telling tall tales.

I’m ready to get going on this whether there’s one or one hundred and one people who express an interest. I’ll be checking back later.

Blessed with way more than I deserve.
Shore-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 11:29 PM   #2
Bronze Member

Hi, w a s just wondering if there are any get..to..gathers any were on the ea s t coast NY..CT..CAPE COD ect. Class b or whatever. ...inform as l or other wise..thanks
lindadoglady@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 12:33 PM   #3
Gold Member

Smile Hi lindadoglady

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindadoglady@aol.com View Post
Hi, w a s just wondering if there are any get..to..gathers any were on the ea s t coast NY..CT..CAPE COD ect. Class b or whatever. ...inform as l or other wise..thanks
Hi lindadoglady, not to sure about that far east? I know there are some fiberglass trailer sites that have "non-brand" specific rallies/get together up that way. You might want to check out some of their web sites at www.casitaforum.com or The Casita Club - Home for Casita Travel Trailer Owners and Prospective Owners . They have a cool map feature that lists ALL rallies allowing you to pick and chose and also provide contact e.g. Dates, Rally Host etc... info. I am kinda of surprised that my query has received no responses though... Maybe everyone is out and about? Anyway I am always willing to sched an event in Alabama or the surrounding areas. Travel safe, stay alert. Best. Shorty (aka Shore-T) sends...

Old 07-18-2017, 04:06 PM   #4
Gold Member

WOW! 240 views and no takers and/or counter dates/places...

Oh well as someone smarter than me said "Being with no one is better than being with the wrong one. Sometimes, those who fly solo have the strongest wings..." ~ Unknown

Best. Shorty (aka Shore-T) sends...

Old 10-23-2017, 05:57 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Send a message via AIM to sewright33 Send a message via MSN to sewright33 Send a message via Yahoo to sewright33

Too bad. I am in Canada and would like to find solo groups here or in the United states
sewright33 is offline   Reply With Quote