Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2018, 05:37 PM   #1

Default 1986 Dodge Xplorer 228 for sale in California

1986 Dodge Xplorer 228 (Dodge B350) 5.9L 360 V8 for sale in San Francisco Bay Area - $6000

More pictures in Craigslist post: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/rvs...457396940.html

Fully contained and super compact Class B RV with seatbelts for 6(!) and beds for 3 people. Kitchen with burner, sink and fridge. Wet bathroom with toilet, sink and (sit-down) shower. Generator, water heater, and water storage and waste tanks for off-grid camping in parks and on public land.

Sturdy metal body with slightly raised roof that drives like a van and not like a shaky Class C RV. Allows driving and parking in cities where larger RVs would be difficult to maneuver.

It comes with the wear and tear you'd expect from an 80's van so if you're looking for something pristine this is not for you. It is however all set up and ready to go. It requires ongoing upkeep and maintenance but you'll be rewarded with a compact adventure van that gives you lots of flexibility in the trips you can take it on.

We've taken it to Yellowstone and Glacier National Park and on many shorter trips up and down the California coast.

----------------------
Features:
----------------------
Dinette with four seatbelts that transforms to all forward looking bench seat or to a bed for one.
Kitchen with sink, two-burner stove, fold-up plate for extra counter space, and 3-way (12V, 120V, propane) fridge.
Permanent bed in the back. Queen'ish, snugly fits two people my size (5' 8"). Has Ikea foam mattress and topper.
Enclosed toilet with sink, Thetford toilet, and navy style (sit down) shower.
5 gallon water heater for shower, bathroom sink, and kitchen sink.
Propane furnace controlled from back bed area. New controller board in 2014.
Original 120V residential A/C side mounted in living space. (Never used it much so don't know how well it works. If it was important for me I'd replace it with a new residential A/C)
Onan 2.8 Microlite generator. (Serviced in 2014 and not used much since)
12V and 120V systems with wall outlets.
Water storage, grey water and black water holding tanks.
Water, battery and propane readout in dinette area.
Comes with original Xplorer manual, documentation for appliances, and receipts for repair history.

----------------------
Recent repairs (last 5k miles):
----------------------
Steering: Replaced front shocks, upper and lower ball joints, and lower steering coupler.
Fuel and exhaust: Replaced exhaust air pump. fuel vacuum lines. Replaced fuel pump. Serviced and calibrated carburetor.
Replaced starter motor.
New alternator, battery isolator, and van and house batteries.
New radiator.
Replaced rear brake cylinders and spring.
Replaced window motor and linkages.
Replaced furnace controller board.
Replaced waste line valve and pipes.
Serviced generator.

----------------------
Things to note:
----------------------
Small roof vent over bed area is broken and needs replacement as you can see in photo. Happened recently and I'll leave to new owner to decide which vent to put in.
Dash blower and dash A/C worked when I bought it but blower stopped working. I assume the blower resistor needs to be replaced.
Cruise control doesn't work.
Some rust spots, dents, and scratches on the hood, doors, and around the van. The general wear and tear you'd expect on paint and interior on a well used 80's van.
Two stone chips in the windshield. Never bothered my when driving.
Odometer says 65k miles but has probably turned over.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10696233_10152515876247772_3196614198004418877_n.jpg (50.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 2018-01-11 153148.jpg (199.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 2018-01-11 153258.jpg (174.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 2018-01-11 154919.jpg (109.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 2018-01-11 160046.jpg (217.7 KB, 15 views)
lundsby1979 is offline   Reply With Quote