Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-12-2018, 03:20 AM   #11
Platinum Member
 
Bruceper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitrock View Post
there are few parts for the old dodges and dodge has been very bad at keeping up old items.
The B 150/250/350 Dodge vans were made from 1971 until 1994. Parts are easily and widely available both new and used. Parts for the newer models are also available.
__________________

Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 04:20 AM   #12
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 4
Default Old Dodge parts not a problem

As I said, I have a 1995 B3500 Dodge. Here's all I have done. No problem with aftermarket parts--they exist, some ordered through Amazon.
Prior to my owning vehicle, the guy who sold it to me said that he replaced the rotors on the windshield wipers.
Obtained keyless entry fob (6/2015 )
All hoses and belts replaced (6/2015 )
New radio with navigation system and dvd player (7/2016)--crapped out, removed (DO NOT BUY JENSEN.)
Replaced speaker system (8/2015 )
Installed Fantastic fan (8/2015 )
New flat screen tv installed (9/2015 )
Windshield replaced $0 (9/2015 )
New headlights installed (9/2015 )
New brake light cover installed (passengers rear) (7/2015 )
Installed back blinds (1/2018 )
Water pump replaced (4/2016 )
a/c blower, resistor, and a/c level switch replaced (6/2015 )
a/c discharge hose cleared (7/2015 )
fluids replaced (multiple times)
toilet replaced and replaced plywood underneath where needed. (8/2015 )
Replaced battery isolator (12/2015 )
Replaced battery circuit breaker (6/2016 )
Replaced deep cell battery (6/2016 )
Installed battery shutoff (6/2016 )
Two tires replaced, plus spare (9/2016 )
Two front tires replaced (10/2017 )
New catalytic converter installed (6/2016 )
Installed new CB radio (8/2016 )
Repaired rust on edges of conversion top and repainted (7/2016 )
Transmission rebuilt (hard) (1/2016 )
New radio, back up camera. (7/2016 )
New fuel pump assembly and fuel grommet (6/2017 )
New major tune up/premium spark plug wire kit, premium power spark plug (8 ), distributor cap, distributor motor, ignition coil (6/2017 ), lifetime wrranty
Idler arm assembly and drag link (6/2017 ), lifetime wrranty
Sway bar link repair kit (front suspension) ( 6/2017 ), lifetime warranty
Ball joint, upper, lower (front suspension) (6/2017 ), lifetime wrranty
Front end alignment , (6/2017 )
new black rubber waterstrip back door ( 8/2017 )
New window weatherstripping on driver’s and passenger’s doors (9/2017 )
Replaced subfloor and tile, new floor mount for table (9/2017 )
Replaced water heater (9/2017 )
Installed new generator shutdown switch, generator air filter (9/2017 )
installed new DC outlet and wiring harness (9/2017 )
refrigerator maintenance (9/2017 )
New CO monitor (10/2017 )
Headlight dimmer switch (2/2018 )
Headlight switch (2/2018 )
Valve cover gasket set (2/2018 )
Oil pan gasket set (2/2018 )
Rear main seal kit (2/2018 )
Premium brake pads (2/2018 )
Brake rotor and hub assembly (right) (2/2018 )
Wheel seal (front) (2/2018 )
Brake caliper and hardware (left ) Eclipse semi-loaded remanufactured (2/2018 )
Brake caliper and hardware (right ) Eclipse semi-loaded remanufactured (2/2018 )
antenna installation (1/2018 )
fuel tank gasket and fuel tank hose replacement (3/2018 )
__________________

aangelis7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 07:30 AM   #13
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: CA
Posts: 158
Default

ennaid- You might try looking here....they have Rialta's .... but, I think you can do better. Rialta's were fine back in the day, but, they're very old technology.

https://www.poptopheaven.com/index.asp
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 07:35 AM   #14
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: CA
Posts: 158
Default Rialta Heaven - Pop Top Campers

Yeah, I just posted a link for you... and just so you know they recondition these and sell them for pretty much "top dollar".... I once contacted them and was a little blown away at the price.

Again, just my opinion.... you can decide for yourself.

And, a Rialta is really a Class C... not a Class B.

When we first looked at them in the 90s, they were selling for $70,000 .... they've held a lot of value, but, so would a Sprinter.

VW has recently come out with a new version of the camper van, the old ones were remarkably under powered .

Happy Hunting .
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 08:15 PM   #15
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: CA
Posts: 1,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceper View Post
The B 150/250/350 Dodge vans were made from 1971 until 1994. Parts are easily and widely available both new and used. Parts for the newer models are also available.
One of the advantages of Dodge 5.3/5.9L vans and trucks built after 1989 is that they are fuel injected.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 04:33 PM   #16
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Rome
Posts: 1
Default Class B Motorhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaid View Post
What are yhe main differences. Hubby and i are looking to purchase a used motor home class b, 2000 to about 2004, wide body. Given up on our Rialta .
So what can you guys tell me about them, storage, bathrooms, etc.
Thanks
Dianne
Everything that you need is in it, tidy container, and, you don't have to worry about carting around a huge RV whenever you go. Inside, the van is tall enough for standing room. Even though there is a kitchen, living room, and a bathroom, it is very small. The toilet and shower are combined into one space...
parisonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:19 PM   #17
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: PA
Posts: 5
Default

I have found the "used RV world" to be all over the place. I spent a year looking at used class b and class c models and was about to give up because everything was either too expensive, too old, or too small, or just plain "not what I wanted". I spent most evenings on the computer, searching. I then found a 2005 Winnebago Aspect 23D in the dead of winter. It had sat for 2 years, was dirty on the outside, but only 17,000 miles and 46 hrs. on the genny. Father died, son didn't want it, so it was put up on consignment at a very reputable RV Dealer about 20 miles from me. Long story short, I bought it for 25K and will but a few bucks in it cleaning it up on the outside. The inside is like new. I guess what I am trying to convey here is, be patient, keep looking, and do not give up. There are deals out there, you just have to keep looking!
blues46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:16 PM   #18
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues46 View Post
I have found the "used RV world" to be all over the place. I spent a year looking at used class b and class c models and was about to give up because everything was either too expensive, too old, or too small, or just plain "not what I wanted". I spent most evenings on the computer, searching. I then found a 2005 Winnebago Aspect 23D in the dead of winter. It had sat for 2 years, was dirty on the outside, but only 17,000 miles and 46 hrs. on the genny. Father died, son didn't want it, so it was put up on consignment at a very reputable RV Dealer about 20 miles from me. Long story short, I bought it for 25K and will but a few bucks in it cleaning it up on the outside. The inside is like new. I guess what I am trying to convey here is, be patient, keep looking, and do not give up. There are deals out there, you just have to keep looking!
My experience was that the RV sitting anywhere for a length of time (especially here in Florida) resulted in problems with mechanical parts that were not in the shape they should have been in with so few miles. Here, at least, stuff dry rots quickly. I've spent a lot of time replacing rubber parts, including the spare tire. The rubber on the inside of the windows starts to leak; as I said, the windshield rubber was worth nothing. So you may end up seeing that parts you thought would last a whole lot longer just don't last at all.
aangelis7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 02:14 AM   #19
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: On
Posts: 1
Default

I too have been searching for that "right fit" and reading all the ads. One of the ads I read this week (I went looking for it and can't find it) was a really good school lesson. The private seller was way to honest and basically mentioned that just about every suspension mounting point on the body/frame had been rotted out and repaired.

So lesson learned is when looking at these older and high mileage unit I am now going to have to crawl underneath and check the frame. Or easier fix buy and much newer unit.

STEVE
(first post here)
srama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:39 PM   #20
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by srama View Post
I too have been searching for that "right fit" and reading all the ads. One of the ads I read this week (I went looking for it and can't find it) was a really good school lesson. The private seller was way to honest and basically mentioned that just about every suspension mounting point on the body/frame had been rotted out and repaired.

So lesson learned is when looking at these older and high mileage unit I am now going to have to crawl underneath and check the frame. Or easier fix buy and much newer unit.

STEVE
(first post here)
Yes, as I am getting my van renovated right now, my renovator took the van down to the studs and found that there were a couple of places where the van has rotted through, and he is repairing them with fiberglass. It has been my plan--and now I am going to follow through on it--to get the van undercoated, which should stave off future problems for quite a while.
__________________

aangelis7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.