Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2018, 05:32 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by aangelis7 View Post
My experience was that the RV sitting anywhere for a length of time (especially here in Florida) resulted in problems with mechanical parts that were not in the shape they should have been in with so few miles. Here, at least, stuff dry rots quickly. I've spent a lot of time replacing rubber parts, including the spare tire. The rubber on the inside of the windows starts to leak; as I said, the windshield rubber was worth nothing. So you may end up seeing that parts you thought would last a whole lot longer just don't last at all.
It must have been somewhat protected as the rubber molding is all in good shape, tires are like new. (In fact the spare still has the original sticker on it) I can see your point if it was in Florida, but up here is PA, the weather is not anywhere near as hot as the south. No rust on the body and the undercarriage almost looks new. Time will tell, but even if I have to do a few "replacements", I have saved enough to more than cover those.
blues46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 06:35 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues46 View Post
It must have been somewhat protected as the rubber molding is all in good shape, tires are like new. (In fact the spare still has the original sticker on it) I can see your point if it was in Florida, but up here is PA, the weather is not anywhere near as hot as the south. No rust on the body and the undercarriage almost looks new. Time will tell, but even if I have to do a few "replacements", I have saved enough to more than cover those.
IF you're not using it on a regular basis...sell it.
Doesn't pay to have something just sit around and rust.
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 02:13 PM   #23

How much do you want for your rialta
Oakeno is offline   Reply With Quote