Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2018, 03:14 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Chevy/GMC grilles

I have a couple of grilles here that take up a bunch of space and likely won't ever be used, so if anyone has a need for one or both they available.

2007 Chevy OEM grille from our Roadtrek. Never seen salt or sat in the sun, so very nice. $25.

Aftermarket GMC grille that fits the Chevy Express also. This was damaged in shipment, but then repaired for a cooling test in our van for a couple of years without issue or rebreaking. Damage is not visible, and it does have a GMC logo on it. FREE.

They are big an somewhat fragile so would really like to not ship (probably too costly as an individual anyway), so pickup would be required in the Minneapolis area. Outside chance we could meet on the first day of a trip for us if you were on our route.

If needed, we could probably install either here in about 1/2 hour in a stock van.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 02:26 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Extremely generous offers. I'm not in the market for a grill and not anywhere near you, but I certainly question each time I clean my grill, whether it will come clean. I think, no way, but it always does.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 02:42 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Here is what I did with an aftermarket GMC grille.

http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f8...-mod-6601.html
peteco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:20 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Booster, I like the look & better cooling... Not sure how to work the logistics, but if you are coming to Arizona any time this winter I could offer parking w/electric & water, shower & a few meals.
If that doesn't work, we just might visit my sister in Fergus Falls next summer.
Your posts are always most informative & appreciated.
S/ RIC. in AZ
AZ ADVenturist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:01 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ ADVenturist View Post
Booster, I like the look & better cooling... Not sure how to work the logistics, but if you are coming to Arizona any time this winter I could offer parking w/electric & water, shower & a few meals.
If that doesn't work, we just might visit my sister in Fergus Falls next summer.
Your posts are always most informative & appreciated.
S/ RIC. in AZ

There is an outside chance we might be in Mesa for a bit this winter, but that is several days away from here so couldn't really haul it very well with an overnight in there.

My guess is that they still will be here next summer so you would be pretty close to us, about 170 miles, and less if you work it into your route either coming or going.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:37 AM   #6
Platinum Member

I understand the difficulty of transporting such a thing. And I'd have the same problem if I want to keep the origin. grill. So, I'm not sure how to proceed. But, now that I'm on to something, I'll have to pursue the possibility locally.
Thanks for all the good information about Chevy vans!
Ric.
AZ ADVenturist is offline   Reply With Quote