Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2015, 06:03 PM   #1

Default Looking for Inline 5 PW Plateau TS

I'm looking for a 2005-2007 Pleasure Way Plateau TS that's in excellent condition (lower mileage preferred). I'll travel the country if I can find the right one. Any possible leads would be appreciated also.
LatLongJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:53 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I had one (2005) but traded it in in 2011. You are making a good choice for that era.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 01:38 AM   #3

Hi Davydd - I appreciate the response. I'm hoping that I can get behind the wheel of one (and especially my wife) to see if the steering wheel/driver seat will work for us (my wife is a bit "vertically challenged"). I know the new PW's have a telescoping/tilt steering wheel which might help.
I'm really trying to keep things simple and talked to the owner of a Sprinter repair shop that said he'd prefers the inline 5 to work on (he kept indicating how simple and reliable the engine/transmission are). My wife likes the idea of the 6 cu./ft. refrigerator so we're also considering a 2009 or 2010 (although that's stretching the budget a bit). Anyhow, thanks again for all your responses I've read in the various forum subjects - it's great when someone takes the time to share their knowledge.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:24 AM   #4
Platinum Member

The 4 cubic foot refrigerator is fine for food. It holds probably more than you will use on the road when it is just two people for a short duration. What it lacks is room for drinks. I just got in the habit of shuttling drinks as replacements when one was taken out rather than think I have to keep them all cold. The freezer does lack space.

The old and newer Sprinter seats are both comfortable. You sit upright in both. Sitting up is actually more comfortable for long distances, IMO. The older model Sprinter does not have an adjustable steering wheel but to be honest I don't recall ever adjusting our newer model Sprinter steering wheel. You might say the older is more "bus" like but I never found it a problem. It is different than an auto but you quickly get used to it. I actually liked it.

The newer model Sprinters do have quieter engines and cab areas. The older Sprinter stock radios were worthless, IMO. I don't know if replacing it and the speakers would help.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:15 AM   #5

Good information, thanks! The bigger refrigerator and larger overall size would be good things to consider in the newer PW's (as well as the quiet cabin). I've just heard a lot of positive feedback on the inline 5 and maybe not as much positive on the V6 (more expensive to repair and maintain). Maybe those concerns are unfounded. It's good to know that both are comfortable to drive. Anyhow, thanks again for sharing your experience with your first Sprinter.

Tags
inline 5, plateau, pleasure way