Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2018, 08:27 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doneworking View Post
Our 190 was just the two of us and a dog. So is our 210. We prefer the twin beds because it is simple to each get up and down during the night. We use LL Bean light weight sleeping bags instead of trying to make up the bed and deconstruct it every morning......just roll up the bag. .
Cabelas also makes some light weight compact sleeping bags that serves this purpose quite well.

While it may lower the romance coefficient, IMO the twin bed layout is the more practical setup for a class B. The ability to get in and out of bed without disturbing your partner is a big plus. A distinct advantage of the RT 210 and the Travato 59K layout is that the twin beds are a relatively spacious and comfortable 30 inches wide The Sprinter twins are invariably 25 inches in width and it's surprising how much that 5 inch difference makes in sleeping comfort. You can easily turn over in a 30 inch bed. In a 25 inch bed it approaches a gymnastic exercise. Even worse is the Crossfit twin layout providing 23 inch twin beds which I think is downright silly.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 03:46 AM   #22
Platinum Member

Default RT Top window seals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 View Post
Yeah.... you're right... what was I thinking....the frame.....

But, these fiberglass bodies do leak.???

Finally... you really think that a body on frame vehicle is superior to a UNIBODY construction? Please explain....
The Roadtrek fiberglass high-top shells are waterproof, EXCEPT for the seals on the three top windows. They are notorious for leaking after a decade or two. The early models have a different gasket design, but in spite of a redesign, the newer seals also leak. Granted, they're in the sun every day and rubber in this environment will distort and shrink. I started to take mine apart, but found that just loosening the screws helped seal up most of the leak. Once I find a replacement gasket (1997 RT 170 version) then I'll do it right.
Nic7320 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pleasure way, roadtrek