Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2019, 12:45 PM   #1

Arrow Truma Combi 4 Propane Combination Water Boiler and Furnace Heater Now Here!

Now available to the North American market to the aftermarket!
Previously these units were only available to OEM's but we have a access to complete Truma Combi Kits (at a significantly lower price than importing from the EU, and these units are actually approved for us in US and Canadian RV's.

More information available here:
http://www.trumaheaters.com

Discount code for ClassBForum Members $50 OFF "classb"
cobratom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 01:06 PM   #2
Platinum Member

6 years too late for me, better late than no show. This would be my first choice today. Are these units gas or diesel?, is electric heater 120VAC or 220VAC?
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 01:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
6 years too late for me, better late than no show. This would be my first choice today. Are these units gas or diesel?, is electric heater 120VAC or 220VAC?
These are Gas (Propane) and we have limited availability of Dual Propane + 120VAC units as well.
Old 08-07-2019, 01:42 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Are you planning to bring diesel units, I think they are based on Eberspacher technology. Wish you best.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 01:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
Are you planning to bring diesel units, I think they are based on Eberspacher technology. Wish you best.
Thank you, No. The diesel units will not be available in North America. The Propane versions had to be reconfigured to be approved for the US/CAN market and was specifically marketed at OEM's only.
Old 08-08-2019, 04:49 PM   #6
Platinum Member

This is great news! Are these actually imported units that will be permanently available or just a mass buy out from the RoadTrek auction?
nebulight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulight View Post
This is great news! Are these actually imported units that will be permanently available or just a mass buy out from the RoadTrek auction?
Imported units via EU sales channels are not certified for use in the US/CAN and could lead to a uninsurable RV (although unlikely). These are part of a mass buy out, however we have enough to support and sustain the community for a while, but not permanently.

I have personally spoken to the CEO of Truma NA, and eventually we may chip away at the wall Truma has put up against the sale of Combi's to the aftermarket.

Take advantage now if you need one, We have a number of units set aside to support our warranty claims (if any).

Full kit availability is what will become a problem in the future. There will be more individual heaters available than there will be accessories to support them.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:49 PM   #8

Default Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobratom View Post
Imported units via EU sales channels are not certified for use in the US/CAN and could lead to a uninsurable RV (although unlikely). These are part of a mass buy out, however we have enough to support and sustain the community for a while, but not permanently.
Bummer! Looks like it'll be back to gambling with cheap Chinese diesel units...
Cal 20 Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 07:04 PM   #9
Silver Member

Do these carry a warranty by Truma ?
Toyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:07 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman View Post
Do these carry a warranty by Truma ?
No, Truma will only honor a warranty if a OEM installs it. So, we are honoring the same Warranty as Truma would offer, but in house. We have dedicated parts, diagnostic tools and accessories on hand.