Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2010, 04:06 PM   #1

Default Want to but generator or parts

I have a '97 and the Generac NP30G has only 25 hours on it, but has developed a problem with the electronic controls for governing the power output. It over revs and the cycles go way over 60 (500+). I am told it needs the circuit board and the "generistor" which I think is a sort of voltage regulator. I would consider buying an excellent used Generac, the needed parts or an Onan 2800 out of a later model. I would also consider buying a used Generac that charged properly but had engine or other issues. Contact me at mduke8@gmail.com. I am in Texas, near Houston. Any help, leads or tips most appreciated.

Mike

RialtaDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 04:10 PM   #2

Actually I'd rather buy than but. On the other hand, the image of me butting the Generac is pretty close!

Old 09-30-2010, 10:45 AM   #3

Thanks to Benny, I was able to buy an inoperative Generac and use the parts to get mine going again. I now have a spare for parts or repair, The engine is fine, but it will need a generator stator (the windings) for sure and possibly the "generistor" which helps regulate the cycles. Since we could only run it with the stator removed to prevent the charging control board from shutting the engine off, I can not promise the rest of the charging circuit is OK. The ccb is OK as I swapped it to mine and it worked fine. The stepper motor (controls rpm for load on the generator output) is fine as well. There is no sign of any of the wiring or other electrical components being damaged. It does have a new starter and the carb was just rebuilt. New oil filter, air filter and spark plug as well. No leaks or rust/corrosion. If someone is interested in the spare, I would sell it for what I paid plus trip costs to pick it up from Benny ($500) plus the shipping. It has 348 hours and obviously well cared for. See previous post for email contact. I am in Texas near Houston.

Mike