Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2018, 08:51 PM   #1

Default WTB: An Airstream B190 or Invertec Falcon

I'm looking for a mid-90's or later Airstream B190, or an Invertec Falcon, or another similar cab-over sleeper Class B in the 19 to 20 foot range. I can pick-up anywhere in the country.

I need it to be in excellent driving condition and able to make it back to my home in Chicago. All systems working and no major repairs necessary, I'd like a turnkey van to begin using as my daily-driver and full-time off-grid RV. A clean and comfortable interior is also a requirement.

I am planning to add solar, so if that is already installed it's a plus.

Please feel free to message me here, or text/call me at: eight four seven-256-one-749
Millenium Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:51 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Mid 90's means nearly 25 years old. Even new and nearly new class b's have some problems found during shake-down or camping. It will be next to impossible (I didn't say "impossible") to find a 20+ year old van without issues either in the coach section or the chassis.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 05:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Mid 90's means nearly 25 years old. Even new and nearly new class b's have some problems found during shake-down or camping. It will be next to impossible (I didn't say "impossible") to find a 20+ year old van without issues either in the coach section or the chassis.
I understand how 25 year old vehicles work. I've owned more than a few.

I'm not asking for perfection... but a van that doesn't need to immediately be torn apart and retrofitted would be nice. Asking for something with "no major repairs necessary" is not exactly unreasonable.
Millenium Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:09 AM   #4
Gold Member

There is just one kind of people who owns this kind of RVs:
1. Never came across any/few friction or no accident during the 25-30 years, which means he/she has the excellent driving skills. (It has but few)
2. Someone who loves cleanliness and has some kind of cleanliness, who has some good reputation even around his home.
3. Love his RVs as just love their families.
4. Be careful for the replacement of daily parts, and keep everything in good conditions.
Good luck! I think you will find a suitable one later!
Monica998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 03:16 AM   #5
Bronze Member

I found both of my Class B Camper Vans on Craigslist. The first was a 1985 InterVec Horizon 17' GMC chassis. The second was my 1995 Coachmen M19-RD on the 19' GMC chassis. Both of them had the upper bunk over the cab.

Just sold the '95 Coachmen M19 eight months ago. It was in very good condition and was reliable. Drove from the east coat to New Mexico and back and also to Wisconsin and back. I was the 4th owner.

Currently I have my 1998 Coachmen Starflyte 21' Class B+ which replaced the '95 Coachmen M19. Again, just keep looking on Craigslist and other sites and you will find one. I like the 90's Class B's too.

Dave
TatraDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 12:44 PM   #6
Silver Member

I may have just what you're looking for. It's an '89 Fiesta on a Ford chassis. Same layout and fiberglass top as the Falcon\Airstream.

60k miles. Mechanically in excellent shape.

Interior is in very good shape, a few little cosmetic blemishes but nothing that would keep it from being driven and enjoyed.

Located in NY
Etzu is offline   Reply With Quote