Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2013, 02:10 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default WTB Onan inspection cover

looking for a good used inspection cover for a 2.8 kv generator, mine "fell" off somewhere. please let me know what you have. I live in Alaska.
AK49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 06:51 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: WTB Onan inspection cover

After 13 months I have a new one. Saved about $80.00 buying it here in WA, that's about half a tank of gas! Has anyone lost their cover on the road? I am thinking about drilling some holes in the cover and the genny housing to secure it if the two latches come unhooked, at least that way it wouldn't cost me another half a tank of gas. If I am one of the few that have ever lost the cover I will forgo the holes and go with it. Thanks.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:03 PM   #3
g1g
Platinum Member

I haven't lost one at least not yet. I did have work done on it and as soon as I started it up My wife noticed it laying on the ground. The mechanic didn't put it in good. Sure glad I tried it there. I was wondering about bolting a small chain to it so it would just hang if it fell
g1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 02:23 PM   #4
Platinum Member

I don't know if my other one really fell off or someone snatched it, I wish I really knew. My thoughts were to drill holes on the top side next to the tabs and use wire to hold it hanging there in case the latches came loose. Maybe its not a real issue at all.