Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2019, 12:33 AM   #1

Default Mercedes Sprinter 2015-2017 Recall

Got a notice for the Sprinter 3500 (2017) that there is a recall for the Drivers side airbag manufactured by Takata that needs to be replaced. Not sure if it applies to all or just some. Thanks.
South Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 12:48 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Bird View Post
Got a notice for the Sprinter 3500 (2017) that there is a recall for the Drivers side airbag manufactured by Takata that needs to be replaced. Not sure if it applies to all or just some. Thanks.
The Sprinter airbag recalls have been happening for several years. In fact, most manufacturers have been selling vehicles with the same airbags that were already being recalled since they were no other options available. Actual recalls are prioritized by NHTSA based on the location of the vehicle and the age of the vehicle. Older vehicles in high humidity hot locations got recalled first and now newer vehicles in lower humidity colder areas are getting recalled. I don’t know if the supply of replacement airbags has caught up with demand at this point and if any new vehicles are still being sold with airbags that will eventually be recalled.

Our 2008 Sprinter in Michigan got recalled a couple years ago.
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:08 PM   #3
Mfm
Bronze Member

Default Air bag recall

I have a 2014 RoadTrek Agile..had driver side air bag replaced a couple months ago-took 3 years from the time the recall letter came. Just had the passenger side air bag recalled....only took a few days to get that one replaced. There have been horrific injuries and several deaths due to the faulty air bags.
Mfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:36 PM   #4

Default Air Bag Recall

Received a recall notice for the driver's airbag on my 2015 Roadtrek CS Adventurous on the 3500 Sprinter chassis a couple of weeks ago. I received the notice on a Tuesday, called my dealer on Thursday and was told they would call me back when the parts were available. They called the following day (Friday) and scheduled an appointment for the following Monday. Repairs took about 90 minutes and I was back on my way. All in all, less than one week from getting the notice to completion. I sure can't complain.
CapeCodFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:08 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Had our driver's air bag replaced in our 2013 Sprinter over 2 years ago. Received notice in March of 2018 that our passenger side was also recalled. Dealer finally had the replacement in January of 2019. Took less than an hour for the install.
Hatteras Jim is offline   Reply With Quote