Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2012, 11:05 PM   #1

Default A State Park named Scenic. Sounds fitting. Ever been?

Hello all - I was going to post this under "Places and Routes", but since that thread refers to places one has already been, I felt I should probably start this thread here.

Apologies if that is a miscue.

In mid-September, thanks to the quiet inspiration of so many of you, I'll finally be dipping my toes into the world of Class B camping. Thrilled. I say "dipping my toes", because "taking the plunge" would have involved the necessary purchase of a "B". Haven't gotten to that intersection. Yet. That's likely to happen over the Winter months (the process of convincing others - or might we say "coercing others" - to do so could take a little time.)

This toe dipping will be a week long rental of a 2009 Great West Titan that we will be driving to Scenic State Park in northern MN. We intend to visit the George Washington National Forest and an intriguing stand of woods called The Lost 40.

I'm sure there's plenty more to see and do in this neck of the woods (literally). Any ideas, suggestions, comments or caveats from those of you who've been?

Looking forward to the adventure - and your feedback.

Thanks for all the illumination and wisdom you've already passed along here.

Best,

50_50
50_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:27 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: A State Park named Scenic. Sounds fitting. Ever been?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50_50
Hello all - I was going to post this under "Places and Routes", but since that thread refers to places one has already been, I felt I should probably start this thread here.............
Oops, you were right. I've now updated the description of the "Places and Routes" section and moved this post. Thank for noticing that.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote