Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2017, 12:39 AM   #1
BBQ
Platinum Member

Default Boondocking

This video is not about a ClassB... but an interesting boondocking destination.

Would you take your B here?

Old 07-24-2017, 12:18 PM   #2
Platinum Member

The environment is similar to where I grew up, which was on the far northeastern tip of Nova Scotia. Every time I see vids like that, I have to take a deep breath. "Not safe for children," they say. We all grew up in the midst of "not safe". As soon as we could walk, we were taught not to do stupid things, such as throw ourselves over the side of high cliffs. These days, it seems to be a lot more difficult to successfully convey the same message to both children and adults.

Obviously the soft ground portions would not support a heavy Class B, but otherwise I would take ours there, yes. I have, into similar environments.

I still own land in northeastern NS, although I haven't lived there for decades. I'm currently in the process of contracting to put a boondocking road into it. I'm paying extra to have my portion be a luxurious 12 feet wide instead of the usual private backcountry 10 foot road (which is what the access road to my parcel is). And I'm paying for a pad that is large enough to turn around on, because to date, I've had to exit the area, the larger parcel of land in which mine is embedded, by backing out over quite a large distance, which is extremely tedious, especially with steep hills. Because there's no way to turn a 22 foot Class B on a 10 foot road.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 03:09 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Sure- to enjoy the Coast of Atlantic Canada you will be in rugged terrain for the most part- there are very few grassy meadows and bogs are more likely.

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 04:11 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Why put a 4 Wheel Camper of a Ford Super Duty pickup if you aren't going to venture off the road on occasion and put a few scratches in the paint?
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote