Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2017, 01:32 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Boston trip this summer

Hi, My darling wife and I were discussing plans for our summer trips in our roadtrek.,She has always wanted to visit and see the sites of Boston, so as any obedient husband , I said the three magic words that every woman longs to hear from her hubby,,,"As You Wish".So now I need some help from anyone who has been to the Boston area. I am thinking that boondocking might not be a good idea in downtown Boston, so any ideas are very welcome, places to see,places to stop , and enjoy, and even places that are worth skipping.....looking forward to hear from my fellow travelers,,,,,thank you,,,take care,,,,,
peppster66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 04:06 PM   #2
Platinum Member

My brother has used Mass state parks. He says they are quite frugal.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:28 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Lots to see in Boston and Massachusetts.

The most important thing to remember is DON'T DRIVE IN BOSTON. As a native, you will not find your way from point A to B without frustration, traffic is ridiculous, drivers are Boston drivers-masters of their environment but throw an outsider into the mix it really turns into chaos and parking is difficult and extremely limited.

Boston proper is very small and one can easily walk from place to place, otherwise, take public transportation-subway and buses in the city and commuter rail in the outlying areas.

Lots of history-American Revolution, John F Kennedy library and Ted Kennedy Senate Chamber, Freeedom Trail, USS Constitution, many museums, many colleges and universities which have their own museums, waterfront walks, Fenway Park, harbor tours and harbor islands.

Camping is available from outside the city. There is a campground, Boston Minuteman Campground in Littleton, MA. northwest of the city. You can probably take the commuter rail into the city. Lexington and Concord is also nearby.

Winter Island Campground is literally next to Salem Harbor with sea views. Salem has a lot of maritime history, witches, nice downtown area. There is a water taxi from Salem to Boston. Just north of Salem is Rockport-Nice ocean and artist community.

Plenty of campgrounds in Cape Cod. However, traveling to Cape Cod on Friday and Monday is a traffic nightmare. Better to go during the week, but it will still be crowded. But don't let that stop you. Provincetown and the sand dunes are a special treat.

I usually start to learn about area attractions by getting an AAA tour book and see what is listed. Lots to do in Boston, just don't drive and, as a treat, you will get to hear real Boston accents, none of the Hollywood movie attempts which attempt to drop an "r" but end up sounding bad, really bad.
jmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:34 PM   #4
Platinum Member

thank you Jmai for your reply, there is some great info there,, thank you,,, we were hoping to stay just out of town , and hopefully get some public transportation to downtown,just so much easier, and less stressfull,,,,,thanks again,,,,
peppster66 is offline   Reply With Quote