Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2014, 08:19 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Chicago area, have you been?

O.k., you probably are wondering why, for some reason me dear wife has always wanted to go to Chicago, its a bucket list type of destination, and she allways goes where I want to go, so its her turn to pick, and it looks like were going to Chicago,,,so I humbly ask if anyone has ever been with their class B, I would love to go in my roadtrek, but a little bit worried of parking, long body, and with the high roof etc...,if anyone has any ideas or tips, I would trully appreciate them, thank you,,,,, Josef,,,,,,
peppster66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 01:23 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Chicago area, have you been?

Never been but I would not fear it. You'll work it out. I've heard the Chicago Field museum is great. I think it's a natural history museum. If you remember a movie called "The Ghost and the Darkness" about 2 man eating lions in Africa then you might remember at the end of the movie they announced the stuffed lions are at the museum.
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 01:44 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Default Re: Chicago area, have you been?

We have been to Chicago more times than I can remember. In fact we drove through Chicago this morning on I-90 and traffic was surprisingly light. Your only limit is parking garages. Find a surface lot or parallel park on the street. The other option is to park at a park and ride and take rail into town. We have done all three over the years.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote