Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2010, 06:16 AM   #1
g1g
Platinum Member

Default Graceland Memphis TN

Anyone ever go to Elvis' home in Graceland? Where did you stay? I think I found two different parks but I'm not really sure. I need it to be in walking distance and be pet friendly. I want to leave my dog in the RV with the AC on and don't want to be running the genny in the parking lot.
g1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:23 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Graceland Memphis TN

There is an RV park right across the street from Graceland next to the parking lot. I don't know the name of it. We didn't stay there. There is easy RV parking at Graceland so you don't have to stay nearby if pets were not a concern.

I should mention too that you don't walk directly right up to Graceland. Across the street as I mentioned for both the RV park and parking lot there is a staging building with exhibits, restaurants, gifts, and ticket purchasing. You purchase your ticket and actually board a bus that transports you across the street and drops you off at the main entrance and picks you up to come back across the street.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:05 PM   #3
g1g
Platinum Member

Default Re: Graceland Memphis TN

The more I looked at things the more I wondered how it was really like. Am I correct that all the parking is accross the street at the staging area? I think I will end up at the CG behind Heartbreak hotel I think it is called Memphis Graceland CG. As I said I would like to be plugged in so the AC can work for the dog, even if we have to go in shifts to Graceland and babysit the dog. Just so we are close by.
g1g is offline   Reply With Quote