Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2010, 10:43 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default My 2010 Travels: Pete (3rdTrick)

On some of the photo sites I frequent, members start a thread with their on going works and post to regularly. So here is what I am thinking. I will start a thread and post to it after each trip kinda like a diary. Hopefully other members will start their own threads. You can say as much or as little about each trip, maybe post pictures or add links.

Our first trip of the year was to Killens Pond in Delaware in January. That is the only Delaware park open all year long. My Roadtrek was winterized but I had antifreeze in the tank to flush the toilet. I carried three gallons of fresh water and we used the campground showers. We chose there because a friend was camping there with his club and we decided at the last minute to go down there on Saturday. That is what is nice about a class B.

Anyway, the weather was nice on Saturday so we spent time outside, burnt up all the campfire wood and spent time with friends. Sunday it rained so we just had breakfast and headed back. We will probably do the same next year.

http://www.destateparks.com/park/killens-pond/

February we went to Gettysburg, PA but did not take the RV because I had my mother with me and we stayed at the Gettysburg Hotel.

This is the Wills House where Abe Lincoln wrote his Gettysburg Address

Pete
pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:01 AM   #2
Bronze Member

Default Re: My 2010 Travels: Pete (3rdTrick)

Pete, I like your idea and look forward to more of your trips. I'll be starting ours shortly. We just bought a "new to us" 2004 Roadtrek Popular and have taken it on it's first maiden voyage. It's fun to read where others go and how they use their Roadtreks.

See ya on the road.
Y IZ IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:20 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete
On some of the photo sites I frequent, members start a thread with their on going works and post to regularly. So here is what I am thinking. I will start a thread and post to it after each trip kinda like a diary. Hopefully other members will start their own threads. You can say as much or as little about each trip, maybe post pictures or add links.
Hi,
I suggested something similar a while back, and placed it in the "Places and Routes" section of the forum.
My thread was more of a reference chart idea for places we've been, so others could have a quick look and
decide if it might be someplace they'd like to visit. Our esteemed forum Admin created a Google-based
spreadsheet to input data from your travels to a spreadsheet that all can view. Your diary idea sounds like
the next step in the sharing of information so other folks can read about where we've all been in our travels.
Here's a link to my "chart-style" thread...
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1129
Old 05-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #4
Silver Member

Jim,
Thanks, I hope to see some of your trips and hope some others get involved. I will try to keep my thread updated every month or so when I travel. I still have a few to trips to catch up. Enjoy your RT.
Pete

Mike,
Sorry I missed your thread and will try to add my trips to it. The diary thread should help me remember and I can transfer the info to your chart.
Thanks,
Pete
Old 05-03-2010, 01:52 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

Hey,
No problem, I'd say keep the diary entries going, as it's more of a "blow by blow story" and
not as structured as my "data chart" approach. My intent was to create a quick way for people
to look up a destination, and see if anyone else has been there, and has an opinion on it.

Mike.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:24 PM   #6
g1g
Platinum Member

There is a post somewhat similer to what you are talking about under Places & Routes. It is titled something like where what when & was it crowded. I think it is a great topic but needs more post and an easier way to find it.
g1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:11 PM   #7
Silver Member

GFG, Mike's chart is good too. This is intended to be a diary of my travels with pictures and stories that I will update after each trip.. I will also add the info to the chart. I think Jim and others will start their own diary threads and I look forward about reading about everyone's travels. Anyway, I have a few catch ups this year:

My mistake, the Gettysburg trip was in March. I went to Washington in February but stayed with friends there. I used the Roadtrek most weekends in the winter but my next camping trip was in April. I will post about that shortly.
Pete
Old 05-05-2010, 12:16 AM   #8
Bronze Member

Great idea Pete. I believe this type of input is what keeps current members interested and opens the eyes of new members to the enjoyment of owning a B.
sharing your favourite R.V. Parks/campgrounds,beaches, restraunts ect is a great way to keep our recreational hobby alive.

I do the same but on facebook,sharing destinations,sites,new gadgets and even step by step recipes. I have tried to do this here for the last few years but but have always had tech problems loading multiple pictures on this site. Do not get me wrong I thik this is a great site but have made many attempts to load pictures of my Class B, my dog Geronimo and our R.V. adventures without success.
Keep up the good work Pete,I enjoy your trips.
abacusblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:27 AM   #9
Silver Member

Thanks Ab, I actually have my own blog but I get lazy and do not keep it up. I think this has more people with the same interests. The photos are not uploaded to this site but are displayed from my own gallery. I used the "Img" button and inserted the link to the picture. You can probably display the photos from your Facebook page. Try it again.
Pete