Old 02-06-2019, 04:19 PM   #31

Great!! I will reach out to you later this spring and find a time to meet up.

ColoradoMTB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 04:35 PM   #32

Default Trip Update

First off thank you all for the great advice. I am so impressed by how nice you all are. We had to move some dates around a bit which resulted in a few things happening. The first is we are only going to go for a week, which aligns with some of the advice to do a shorter trip at first. I am going to try to rent the van for a weekend before we go to try it out.

The second change was our van. We are purposely trying to rent vans in our price range and that we are interested in. Unfortunately, the Tarvato K we were planning on using was not available so we have switched to a Winnebago Paseo. The Paseo is out of our price range but is on a Ford Transit chases which is one of the two options we are looking at. (Promaster and Transit).

The trip planning is coming along nicely and I have two nights of camping reserved in Bridge Bay during the week of July 14-21. We are hoping to boondock mostly but also wanted to have a backup plan since it is in high season. Our first-night stay is only two-hours away from our house and has cell phone coverage in case we have problems. Then we head west and further north. We are planning to stay near Jackson one night and we will load up on groceries and make sure tanks are drained/topped off etc. for our "off the grid" portion of our trip.

Keep the advice coming, it is greatly appreciated and as you can see by this post being followed.

Pat

ColoradoMTB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 05:28 PM   #33
Bronze Member

We just bought a new Paseo last August. Things I like are, first and foremost, it's a joy to drive! Great visibility, loads of power, and I find the lane-keeping helpful. Also I believe the Dual wheels add stability.
Things I don't like are severe lack of storage (my previous four rv's were all class A's), and most annoying, the frequent tail-dragging. You'll soon learn that it's best to angle through dips, but even with the new drag wheels installed, the dragging sound is disconcerting. Another annoyance is the lack of labels on various coach buttons and dash controls, and I find the Transit manual to be a real head-scratcher in the control area. By the way, the gas gauge reads backwards from everything else I've driven.

Alec is offline   Reply With Quote