Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2012, 11:28 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default St. Martins, NB

A quick unplanned trip to the coast of Southwest New Brunswick this week

We stayed one night in St. Martins. Cruise ships where still visiting Saint John and the tourists from the ships were taking to bus tours to St. Martins, NB. The weather was great - cool nights but warm sunny days. Hard to believe it is early October.

http://www.stmartinscanada.com/

Our campsite was almost on the beach.

The tide change in this area is something to see - there can be 30' difference between low and high tide.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg St Martins NB 1.JPG (272.5 KB, 800 views)
File Type: jpg St Martins NB 2.JPG (291.5 KB, 800 views)
File Type: jpg St Martins NB 3.JPG (267.3 KB, 800 views)
File Type: jpg St Martins NB 4.JPG (298.6 KB, 800 views)
File Type: jpg St Martins NB 5.JPG (277.8 KB, 800 views)
File Type: jpg St Martins NB 6.JPG (189.3 KB, 800 views)
File Type: jpg St Martins NB 7.JPG (139.3 KB, 800 views)
File Type: jpg St Martins NB 8.JPG (241.0 KB, 800 views)
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: St. Martins, NB

Beautiful area. I've got to get my wife a passport so we can do some exporing in Canada. I have one for work but she doesn't. My grandfather used to have a camp near Vanceboro ME and we use to go over into NB at McAdam a lot when I was a kid. We took our kids to Kings Landing a couple of times. We haven't been sincethey started requiring passports to cross.
AmCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #3
Platinum Member

We moved to NB three years ago so we're still discovering the Province. King's Landing looks interesting http://kingslanding.nb.ca/ - another place to add to the list
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:05 AM   #4
Bronze Member

Being a former Maritimer I love going down east. Unfortunately I generally just pass through NB on my way to Nova Scotia ...where I'm from originally. I use to see more of the province before they put the "new" highway in ... I'm dating myself I guess. I do have family in Fredericton and have stopped there for a day or two.

St. Martins looks like a great area to add to my "to visit" list when I do my Maritime Provinces and Newfoundland trip. I plan to be gone for 4-6 months when I do that tripp. I did cross over last year and popped over to St. Andrew By the Sea and spent the day there. Been there before and love the area. Some great picture taking opportunities as well.

I know that NB has numerous covered bridges as well ... and that is one of my favourite picture taking opportunities.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover
Karsty is offline   Reply With Quote