Old 05-23-2018, 06:20 PM   #11
Silver Member

I use a small Iwatani grill, Kovea Camp One stove, and Coleman folding oven. Everything is stored in the rear under the sofa bed. Made an air sealed carry/storage box for the grill, a stand and a storage box for the oven.

Old 05-23-2018, 06:41 PM   #12
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
I use an Olympian LP grill via a removable bracket on the side of my van as shown in attached photo. It connects to my LP tank via a quick-connect fitting on the LP fill panel behind the RH rear tires.
For a second I thought you had a built-in drawer.

Old 05-23-2018, 07:59 PM   #13
Platinum Member

I've been using a propane Cadac Safari Chef Lightweight. It has a grill, 2 sided griddle (flat and raised ribbed) and a top which doubles as a lid or wok. It folds into a 12" x12" x 8.5" package and fits nicely in the rear storage compartment under the bed. BTU output is medium, but perfect for 2 people.

https://www.amazon.com/CADAC-Safari-..._&dpSrc=detail
Old 05-28-2018, 03:09 PM   #14
Platinum Member

We are just waiting delivery on our 2019 Plateau. If space permits I hope to take our instant pot mini , induction hotplate, sous vide, and smallish C.I. frypan.

We have a small Weber BBQ we have used for years with our Airstream trailer (that bbq is not the more modern kind Weber now offer (Q), it is the "Squareish" one! Not sure if it will fit under the rear sofa.
if not I will try to find a smaller bbq. On line, I have seen a smaller stainless Camco one and also the Coleman "Fold n Go" which is the smallest I have seen.
<<B-Guy>> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 04:03 PM   #15
Platinum Member

We use the old toolbox shaped Weber grill, stored for traveling in a large trash bag in the cabinet for hanging clothes. I've recently gotten a 3 quart Instant Pot and have found I can run it off of my Magnum inverter so I'll likely retire the grill for most trips unless I think I'm going to need to use it as a fire pit.
Mfturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 04:14 PM   #16
Platinum Member

We carry a Coleman propane stove with the combo burner and grill. I also picked up one of the Tembo Tusk Skottle grills at Overland Expo last year but we havenít tried it out yet. These are very popular with the Overland travelers and donít take up too much space when disassembled. Easy to prepare food for a larger group all at once using it. They also make a table top model that uses a smaller disk and smaller burner.

https://tembotusk.myshopify.com/coll...-skottle-kit-1
gregmchugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 04:18 PM   #17

Love the simplicity and ease of an ordinary Weber compact gas grill. Great for 2 people!
hherbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 04:58 PM   #18

Default Easy clean up!

George Foreman Camp and Tailgate Portable Propane Grill, GP200R
Food doesn't fall through or stick - no slots and easy easy clean up! Got it from Walmart... love it!
gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 06:55 PM   #19
Gold Member

I carry a folding grill that folds to size of a laptop. Requires only 14 briquettes per cook. I use a small piece of a fire starter to get coals going. Perfect size for 2 strip steaks or 4 burgers/chicken pieces/chops. If line with tin foil there is no mess or odor so can store inside your vehicle.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Belzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:26 PM   #20
Bronze Member

Jetboil genesis two burner (folds like a clam shell) and an attached jetboil burner for really fast coffee.

Grill collapse to 14Ē x 8Ē and is real charcoal.

Both work great!

Twinbridges is offline   Reply With Quote