Old 05-29-2018, 10:57 PM   #21

Of course you need electricity for these but I have a small 4 qt. crock pot with a locking top and a small 4 serving George Foreman Grill with removable plates for easy clean up.
Then I have a small folding metal table which I set up outside and then I can plug in the appliances outside.

ballbraindogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 10:19 PM   #22

We use a Coleman combo Grill/Stove (has one stove element and BBQ grill). I also have a griddle section that replaces the BBQ grill part (kinda tricky to find sometimes, but super handy.) I pack the whole thing (with the griddle) into the accessory case they sell, and it has a home in my van accessible from the rear door. Propane fueled I use a hose mostly that taps off the chassis propane tank, although I carry a couple of canisters too in case the hose isn't working out at the camp site.

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Camp-...ll+stove&psc=1

Turbowhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 12:47 AM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbowhiz View Post
We use a Coleman combo Grill/Stove (has one stove element and BBQ grill). I also have a griddle section that replaces the BBQ grill part (kinda tricky to find sometimes, but super handy.) I pack the whole thing (with the griddle) into the accessory case they sell, and it has a home in my van accessible from the rear door. Propane fueled I use a hose mostly that taps off the chassis propane tank, although I carry a couple of canisters too in case the hose isn't working out at the camp site.

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Camp-...ll+stove&psc=1
Looks great - but can you tell me, is the tap off your van propane tank high pressure, or do you have to somehow bypass the regulator that I assume must be normally a part of the grill/stove unit?
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 01:27 PM   #24
Platinum Member

If we are at a camp ground, I use a UCO Flatpack grill (my review here), which is one of the few that can be carried in a Class B that has no exterior storage at all, and very little interior storage to devote to it. In that blog post, I show how I constructed a carry pouch for it. I believe they are now sold with some kind of a storage bag.

But if we are in the woods, we largely cook over campfires such as the one shown below. A simple grate with fold-down legs will suffice.

I do find that having the right supplemental kitchen gear for my needs is just as essential as the question of what I'm cooking on (awkward sentence). I discuss that in a blog post I wrote about spending almost a month off-grid and on the road (here). I won't go anywhere off-grid without my Kelly Kettle, silicone buckets, etc.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:54 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingeezer View Post
Looks great - but can you tell me, is the tap off your van propane tank high pressure, or do you have to somehow bypass the regulator that I assume must be normally a part of the grill/stove unit?
The tap is high pressure. Its between the shutoff valve and the on chassis regulator.

You are using the regulator supplied on the camp stove.

You use a standard appliance hose like this: (seeing as your in Ontario)

Woods Tree Application Hose, 10-ft | Canadian Tire
Turbowhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:59 PM   #26
Platinum Member

Thanks - looks as though there is not standardisation in this - I just looked at the manual for the PW plateau I wil be getting and it appears that in this case the quick disconnect is on the low pressure side, so I'd need to get whatever bits and pieces necessary to eliminate the regulator on the Coleman.

Thx ........ Brian.

Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote