Old 01-16-2016, 04:52 AM   #11

As to second impressions, I have now owned the Winnebago for 3 months (6,000 miles). Everything still very satisfactory. Only problem on coach was outside shower hose valve connector did not work. Replaced under warranty. Winnebago did recall and installed a new propane pipe at no charge. Just added 1 quart of oil and a little DEF. Otherwise, no problems. Feeling very blessed considering all the other problems many motorhome owners have with various coaches. That's why I bought a Mercedes and Winnebago. Heading to Quartzsite this week!

eeltinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:10 AM   #12

Thank you!

Suzyq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 07:27 PM   #13
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeltinge View Post
As to second impressions, I have now owned the Winnebago for 3 months (6,000 miles). Everything still very satisfactory. Only problem on coach was outside shower hose valve connector did not work. Replaced under warranty. Winnebago did recall and installed a new propane pipe at no charge. Just added 1 quart of oil and a little DEF. Otherwise, no problems. Feeling very blessed considering all the other problems many motorhome owners have with various coaches. That's why I bought a Mercedes and Winnebago. Heading to Quartzsite this week!
Looking at a 2017 Winnebago 70A. How is yours doing? Can you give an update?
I am concerned about cold weather camping and how the 70A is in that regard. Also build quality of cabinets etc.
Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 07:45 PM   #14

My ERA is 1 year old and has 20,000 miles. The Automatic Transfer Switch connections are being torqued under warranty now as a safety recall. Otherwise, no mechanical problems. I have camped in 25 degree weather in Caspar WY. The windows emit a lot of cold. You will have the furnace running all night and need to sleep in a sleeping bag. The 2 biggest problems with the coach are the rough ride on freeway asphalt strips and the poor bed cushions. I have installed red Koni shocks to improve the ride, helps a little, but still considering adding rear air springs. Also, looking to buy custom mattresses. New 2017 ERA 170A has blue plastic springs under cushions. Seem OK. Best additions to coach are 2 DIRECTV receivers with in-motion Winegard antenna and 2 solar panels with 2,000 watt A/C inverter and 2 AGM 6-volt batteries. Good Luck!
Old 10-11-2016, 07:49 PM   #15
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeltinge View Post
My ERA is 1 year old and has 20,000 miles. The Automatic Transfer Switch connections are being torqued under warranty now as a safety recall. Otherwise, no mechanical problems. I have camped in 25 degree weather in Caspar WY. The windows emit a lot of cold. You will have the furnace running all night and need to sleep in a sleeping bag. The 2 biggest problems with the coach are the rough ride on freeway asphalt strips and the poor bed cushions. I have installed red Koni shocks to improve the ride, helps a little, but still considering adding rear air springs. Also, looking to buy custom mattresses. New 2017 ERA 170A has blue plastic springs under cushions. Seem OK. Best additions to coach are 2 DIRECTV receivers with in-motion Winegard antenna and 2 solar panels with 2,000 watt A/C inverter and 2 AGM 6-volt batteries. Good Luck!
Thanks. Glad to hear all is well with you and the coach.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:46 AM   #16
Platinum Member

Any problems with ground clearance with your 70A? I assume you go off the beaten path sometimes with it.
Old 12-30-2016, 09:03 PM   #17
Bronze Member

Im considering the 70A plan, but that one had the tightest bathroom of the era models. I want to be in this for weeks at a time exclusively. Do you feel it is realistically useable for showers, head, etc???? Thank you
talktodean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 05:32 PM   #18

Default 2015 ERA update

I now have 24,000 miles on the coach. Visited 9 national parks in 14 months. Everything going well. Did have all 6 wheels sliding on black ice in Sequoia National Park. Will upgrade to Michleins when time. Ordered 2 custom 6 inch mattresses from LA military supply for $640. Hope to upgrade to Winnebago FORZA 34T A-class in 3 years for more room and better ride. Trump will help us in Coast Guard. Have a Happy New Year!