Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2019, 03:26 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Waiting for our CoachmenRV

Hello,

Folks, any news of when the Class B's will start showing up on dealer lots?

I know about the 80,000-Sprinter Vans for Amazon, Every-time we see one we wonder could that have been out Class B? ....joking

I know about the other glitch......Two years waiting after we had at long last made our selection back in April 2019, For a http://www.CoachmenRV,com/Galleria

We contacted a Dealer in Ohio and put together our request and truly looking for to the call or letter. western Union however Notice of its arrival. So would anyone happen to have any news or updates Thanks ?
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 04:01 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
Hello,

Folks, any news of when the Class B's will start showing up on dealer lots?

I know about the 80,000-Sprinter Vans for Amazon, Every-time we see one we wonder could that have been out Class B? ....joking

I know about the other glitch......Two years waiting after we had at long last made our selection back in April 2019, For a http://www.CoachmenRV,com/Galleria

We contacted a Dealer in Ohio and put together our request and truly looking for to the call or letter. western Union however Notice of its arrival. So would anyone happen to have any news or updates Thanks ?
There is a 2020 Galleria 24Q for sale on RVTrader described as just arrived.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 10:57 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Thanks, as were not just interested in Class B, after owning many RV's. We have owned many units as well as two Class A's. If you must know our preference currently on order is a Coachmen 2020-Galleria, Li3, 24A.

Once the call comes in we will make a hold upon our review fly out, and inspection. Hoping for September or October.

The Dealership has many 2020's Winnebago's and Coachmen Class B's on his lot now if you're interested? Check them out on his site at Shafer's Truck & RV Sales LLC
Old 09-25-2019, 01:13 PM   #4
Platinum Member

The Amazon Sprinter order was for 20,000 units.

MB is not delivering the 2019 Sprinter chassis to Coachmen, so they can't build any new Gallerias.

With a close look at the dashboard photos, both 2020 Gallerias on RVTrader.com are on the 2018 Sprinter chassis, not the new 2019 chassis.

For information's sake, here is a photo of the 2019 Sprinter chassis dash. Compare it to the dash photos in the two 2020 Gallerias on RVTrader.com.

Old 09-25-2019, 06:45 PM   #5
Platinum Member

would be nice to get a PHOTO of the VIN Number. Were here and going no-where unless god calls home. We have been waiting for two years and can wait a little longer. Unless Winnebago can add PURE 3 to there ERA, model 70M. Until then will wait for Coachmen.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/

and the Coachmen Galleria, Li3.

http://www.CoachmenRV.com/Galleria
Old 09-25-2019, 07:01 PM   #6
Platinum Member

I do recall reading a NEWS story having ORDERED 80,000-sprinter VANS. Now because of your post I did another search for that same post and came over this post. AMAZON Odering 100.000-ELECTRIC VANS. https://www.onlineathens.com/news/20...-delivery-vans

I'll keep looking but will post what I find for readers.
Here is what I think you may have seen and are making reference too: Still Checking:
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/j...ns-128415.html

I'll keep searching and report back when I find that story. Thanks for your post.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:36 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUTCH in Atlanta View Post
The Amazon Sprinter order was for 20,000 units.

MB is not delivering the 2019 Sprinter chassis to Coachmen, so they can't build any new Gallerias.

With a close look at the dashboard photos, both 2020 Gallerias on RVTrader.com are on the 2018 Sprinter chassis, not the new 2019 chassis.

For information's sake, here is a photo of the 2019 Sprinter chassis dash. Compare it to the dash photos in the two 2020 Gallerias on RVTrader.com.

Dutch in Atlanta,

Sir, you are correct as I did find a like NEWS story and the reference made to the AMAZON Order was for 20,000 vehicles as you stated. However, in my re-read of this other like news story post space would be inside an 80,000 plus sqft building. I'm not sure being unable to find the original story, I may have thought of the sqft. Thanks for letting me know. Sadly I think we will be waiting a while. Hope you did see my other news post referring to the 100,000-electric vehicles. But thanks I did learn from the re-read of the news stories. Thank You.

https://www.news-journalonline.com/n...ndreds-of-jobs
Old 09-26-2019, 02:40 AM   #8
Platinum Member

can't you order one?
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 11:09 AM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
can't you order one?
Yes, one can order a Galleria; but delivery is unknown. MB is not supplying the Sprinter chassis to Coachmen and other upfitters.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:23 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUTCH in Atlanta View Post
Yes, one can order a Galleria; but delivery is unknown. MB is not supplying the Sprinter chassis to Coachmen and other upfitters.
Dutch in Atlanta, Gerrym51,

YES, We have our ORDER in and were all NOW wanting. Now as for us were holding out for the http://coachmenRV.com/Galleria/ Model 24A, with Li3. Winnebago has a nice 2nd with the ERA 70M But "NO" PURE3 System in them. Trust me when I say we have done our research for the last 2-years and the best to date is COACHMEN. As for other models, they're fine if you like the FLOORPLANS. we do not. I could tell you why but has nothing to do with what were waiting for in COACHMEN. This Dealer has both Winnebago and COACHMEN, but not the Model we were waiting for. Shafer's Truck & RV Sales LLC
Old 05-07-2021, 02:51 PM   #11

Default Coachman Galleria

Curious if you got your Galleria and if you like it? I have had mine on order for 8 months.
It is a 24T 4x4 with solar and lithium batteries.
TennesseeWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 04:44 PM   #12
Gold Member

I've had my Travato on order since January. The wait is much worse than Christmas!
kmessinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 05:10 PM   #13

Default Galleria on order

I do have a VIN number now, which is apparently a big deal.
Coachmen has the chassis and the build out is almost finished, supposedly.
It only takes one item to delay delivery though.
I have been told so many stories and delivery date moved so often.
Just sick of COVID and Amazon blame.
Old 05-08-2021, 05:14 PM   #14
Gold Member

The VIN is a big thing if you are financing since you can't get a loan without it. I'd settle for a VIN right now. I'm already ordering accessories I know I will need!
kmessinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 05:53 PM   #15

Default Galleria ordered

I would love to start buying what I’ll need, but since this is my first RV I’m unsure. I ordered without ever being in a Galleria. I did get to look at an Era and a Travato. Storage in back looks pretty tight.
Hope yours arrives soon!
Old 05-20-2021, 08:31 PM   #16

Default Galleria Acquired...sort of

Reading these posts, I feel lucky to say that we just got our 24Q Li3 Galleria (first RV) from dealer inventory. The problem is that they cannot complete the sale until Mercedes completes a software recall.
Anyone else experiencing this recall issue on their Sprinter chassis? They are saying the patch will be pushed by the end of the month, but I'm not holding my breath.

PS First post. Super excited to join the RVing world.
StayClassB-SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 09:06 PM   #17
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayClassB-SD View Post
Reading these posts, I feel lucky to say that we just got our 24Q Li3 Galleria (first RV) from dealer inventory. The problem is that they cannot complete the sale until Mercedes completes a software recall.
Anyone else experiencing this recall issue on their Sprinter chassis? They are saying the patch will be pushed by the end of the month, but I'm not holding my breath.

PS First post. Super excited to join the RVing world.
What year is the Sprinter? Emission modification extends warranty for additional 4 years and most folks don’t have issues. This AEM includes cash payout of about $3500 to the original and current owner or is divided to about $800 for current but not original owners. Perhaps the dealer is trying to collect that cash. See details here - https://www.classbforum.com/forums/f...tml#post127941
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 10:10 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
What year is the Sprinter? Emission modification extends warranty for additional 4 years and most folks don’t have issues. This AEM includes cash payout of about $3500 to the original and current owner or is divided to about $800 for current but not original owners. Perhaps the dealer is trying to collect that cash. See details here - https://www.classbforum.com/forums/f...tml#post127941
It's a 2021 Galleria, so I presume the chassis is at least 2019 or 2020. The recall is actually not about emissions, but a safety glitch where if a certain module loses power in a crash, the emergency locator may broadcast the last location the vehicle was started and not the current location.

MBUSA Campaign Number: 2021020024
NHTSA Recall Number: 21V055
StayClassB-SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 10:12 PM   #19
Site Team

Yes. It is against the law to sell any vehicle with a pending safety recall.

The Takata airbag debacle shut down large segments of the automotive industry due to this fact.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class b, coachmen, li3, sprinter, van