Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2016, 03:22 PM   #1

Talking Roadtrek Sewer Hose Replacement

Hey y'all! I had to replace my Roadtrek sewer hose. It's not as easy as a lot of other RV's and campers because it's attached within a housing. I found one resource online with a written how-to and some pictures but could not find any videos.

So... we changed ours and I documented it! If anyone owns a Roadtrek and they have the traditional sewer setup and not a macerator, please share this YouTube link of my video with them. Link is right here ===>>> http://youtu.be/OD1Gc34OMVw

I hope this helps others.

Thanks!
snicker70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 05:32 PM   #2

I appreciate your efforts! I have a 1989 Roadtrek, and I need to replace the sewer hose. A standard 3" hose will not fit in the tube, so I am wondering if you had any trouble finding a replacement. I have looked for a smaller diameter hose with no luck.
Did you use a standard 3" hose or did you have to use a smaller one? Thanks!
munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 05:36 PM   #3

Default Hose size

I used the standard hose size which I think was 3". It was the same size that was already in the tube/casing. So it fit just replacing it. Your current hose is less than 3"?
snicker70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 05:57 PM   #4

Yes it is. A standard 3" ID hose will not fit in the metal tube. It's a 1989 model, so I would imagine that is one of the things remedied in later models. I may have to modify the thing with a different tube, somehow.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:59 PM   #5
Silver Member

In my 95 the tube is just ABS plastic drain pipe and some brackets to hold it up. As long as the dump valves are standard size you should be able to build something.
fwdanielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 11:49 PM   #6

Yep, I was thinking about that. I think I will get some 4" PVC drain pipe and create something. Thanks for your reply.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:24 AM   #7

I have an 89 Roadtrek. The 3" sewer hose will work but there's a trick. The metal tube gets rusty slightly reducing it's interior diameter. When it's time to replace the blue sewer hose, insert a broom stick through the new hose. Duct tape one end of the broom stick to the end of the sewer hose. If you twist the broom stick the outer diameter of the sewer hose will be reduced and you should be able to push it through the metal pipe.

If you come up with a permanent modification please post as I'd like to do the same.
Mswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mswan View Post
If you come up with a permanent modification please post as I'd like to do the same.
I removed the old metal tube, then bought a section of 4" PVC drain pipe, and cut off a 41" section. The drain pipe easily fits over the PVC pipe joint where the hose clamps on. I secured this to the existing joint with two short screws.

The other end of the pipe is flared, so as to accept another pipe section without adding a joint. I have this end facing the street, and the hose end cap fits right in.

I bought a new cap from Amazon.com (Valterra T1020-1 Black 3" Bulk Waste Valve Cap (3/4" GHT with Cap) which pops onto the old pipe end.

I bent up the old metal pipe carrier, and secured the new pipe to it with some steel wire. I'm happy that's done! YMMV.

Tags
hose, how to, replace, roadtrek, sewer