Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2019, 02:29 PM   #1

Default Beyond 22c EB

We have been shopping around for a B We have decided on the Beyond. My local dealer will have to order it, none in stock.
Is the 12 volt AC a good option? I have temperature sensitive occupants. I’m worried it won’t cool as well as the 13500 unit. Will it run off of the truck while driving without the generator? I emailed Coachmen haven’t heard back yet. Sorry if this has already been discussed!
KcSpikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 03:09 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I think you will find it to be a nice rig, but why risk ordering sight unseen and will very little information being that it is such a new model? Having said that, you made a nice choice to get the EcoBoost engine.

Does yours have the Li3 600ah lithium upgrade? If so, and with the 12v a/c rated at 20,000 btu's, it should cool very well. Perhaps for up to 2-4 hours on battery power alone.

Here's a link to the only youtube review I could find:

Here's another link to a Texas dealer who has some in stock. Call them like you're still shopping and see it anyone there can answer your questions.
https://www.mhsrv.com/coachmen-rv/coachmen-beyond/

Good luck.

EDIT: I just realized the Beyond is basically the re-named Crossfit, so not a truly new model. If your model has the latest insulation package, it should cool as well as any class b. Enjoy!
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:17 PM   #3

There are some available in my area about 4hours away that we can see. I want to purchase it locally for dealer support, and I like them. I don't think I will get the Lithium package. The tanks have to relocate for the batteries install making it not a 4 season van.
I question the added expense of the 12 volt pro air at 10000 btu's vs the 13500 btu unit if I have to run generator either way. Get more btu's for $3500. Less.
Thank you for the links
KcSpikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:10 PM   #4
Silver Member

The Pro Air unit is 20000 BTU not 10000 unless something changed recently.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:28 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KcSpikers View Post
There are some available in my area about 4hours away that we can see. I want to purchase it locally for dealer support, and I like them. I don't think I will get the Lithium package. The tanks have to relocate for the batteries install making it not a 4 season van.
I question the added expense of the 12 volt pro air at 10000 btu's vs the 13500 btu unit if I have to run generator either way. Get more btu's for $3500. Less.
Thank you for the links
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilman View Post
The Pro Air unit is 20000 BTU not 10000 unless something changed recently.
Oilman is right about the 20K btus for DC powered a/c, at least based on the Coachman literature. Should be plenty and more than a traditional rooftop unit. Additionally, you may be able to run it off the engine alternator while running down the road. If so, this alone makes the DC air conditioner well worth it. One pretty common complaint in class b's is the dash a/c will just not cool rear passengers when driving (forcing them to run the generator and roof a/c while transporting rear passengers during hot conditions).

I hope this is the case for you. Please let us know more when your rv arrives.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:27 PM   #6

Yes, you're correct it is 2k thank you!!
I am definitely getting the Pro-Air. This forum is great, thank you for saving my ...
Must of been a senior moment