Old 02-04-2019, 12:36 AM   #1
Gold Member

Default Class B less than 20 feet

Looking to buy Class B less than 20 feet, we are looking at Aktiv (maybe buy when dust settles after audit) , but appreciate feedback on other models.

Old 02-04-2019, 12:58 AM   #2
Platinum Member

There is also the Pleasureway Accent, the Hymer Activ, Carrado Axion and Banff, and the Roadtrek Zion and Simplicity SRT. Plus the Winnebago Revel.

So, three on the Sprinter and five on the Promaster. I preferred the gas option, so I got the S-SRT. I love how the Promaster drives and the SRT was the one with a decent sized fridge.

Only two not enclosed in the dust cloud...

2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:05 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamper View Post
Looking to buy Class B less than 20 feet, we are looking at Aktiv (maybe buy when dust settles after audit) , but appreciate feedback on other models.
The good news is that there are so few models under 20 feet, you've already narrowed your choices. Which is a first step to selecting the right rv for you.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:43 AM   #4
Gold Member

Thanks very much to RowieBowie and Mumkin, we looked at all of those at recent RV show in Pleasanton CA, including the Airstream Interstate 19 (which is new and $$$) we were sold on the Hymer Aktiv until recent 'news' hit the fan, what we liked about it was the 'real bed' across the back, not really enthused about the electric sofa bed in Pleasure Way and other models (also not enthused about PW price tag). PW is a solid product as is Airstream, but then again $$$. At this point we are in a wait and see on the Hymer. Thanks very much!!!!!
Old 02-04-2019, 01:47 AM   #5
Platinum Member

If you have time for the Hymer situation to play out, they may be back on your list, with a nice discount.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:05 AM   #6
Gold Member

Yes, that's what we are thinking, our friend wants the model with the pop up roof for additional sleeping space, he rented an Aktive on outdoorsy.com and took it for an overnight campout on the coast (in the middle of a storm!). He parked it in the driveway with about 12 inches to spare! We don't want somethign parked off-site that we will never use, even a day trip over the hill to the coast would be fun. I just really wish Aktiv had a bigger fridge, I hate that tiny fridge, white Wine takes up a lot of space!!! Winnebago has a fab fridge.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:37 AM   #7
Bronze Member

If you can handle 20 feet-6 inches, the Roadtrek 190 Popular is worth looking at.
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 03:34 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamper View Post
We don't want somethign parked off-site that we will never use, even a day trip over the hill to the coast would be fun.
Agree. We stayed with 20 & 1/2 ft. to keep it at home in our driveway. That way we can use it occasionally as a 2nd car, avoid monthly storage fees, and keep the batteries topped up by plugging in overnight about every 3 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwood27 View Post
If you can handle 20 feet-6 inches, the Roadtrek 190 Popular is worth looking at.
That's really what we have although ours is a '2012 Airstream Avenue Suite (image a 190 with the galley and wet bath swapped to the opposite sides). Stealth was another important factor due to our Homeowners Assoc. Soon after bringing it home, I de-badged it of the gaudy 2" high chrome AIRSTREAM lettering (in three places no less) and after a year and a half, so far so good. These pics were while driving back from Houston on the date of purchase.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6213.JPG (655.1 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6214.JPG (538.1 KB, 27 views)
Old 02-04-2019, 04:39 AM   #9
Gold Member

Thanks for the photos and suggestions. Literally cannot go beyond 20 feet, due to limitations of driveway. 19 ft < 20 is only option. Airstream is creme de la creme. the only Airstream that would work for us is Interstate 19 https://www.airstream.com/touring-co...tate-nineteen/ Pleasure Way Ascent in same category. However both have those electric beds (right?) and both very pricey, reason we liked Aktiv aside from price was the foam queen size bed, across the back, as there are only 2 of us we would just leave the bed setup. I am reading a lot of comments about rigging those electric folding beds with foam toppers etc because they are so uncomfortable?? But I really like the big fridge in some of the B;s, I think Winnebago fridge is big, also Pleasure Way, the Aktiv fridge is pokey, I need my white wine after all....would give up the microwave to have a bigger fridge, I def can live without a microwave.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:58 AM   #10
Bronze Member

Unhappy Hymer Aktiv spare tire adds a foot.

Glamper: Since you can't exceed 20 feet, I wish to warn you that the spare tire stuck in back of all Hymer Aktivs makes the standard Promaster 2500 chassis not 19'7" but almost a foot longer.

Most B manufacturers simply leave off the spare tire. Roadtrek Zion SRT includes the factory spare in the factory location (under the rear bumper), but the Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (RV cousins) omitted it to cut price (though the empty space remains).

So if you have to have a RV shorter than 20', you won't find many with a spare tire. I too am interested in the Aktiv, but will have to see if EHGNA remains in business.

DougB

dougbaty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class b less than 20 feet