Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2016, 01:12 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default pdf test

testing inline PDF from file host site

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7N...ew?usp=sharing
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 04:41 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I've tried numerous ways to get it to work, nothing sorry.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:24 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceper View Post
I've tried numerous ways to get it to work, nothing sorry.
Me too, with the same success

I got the latest Adobe PDF converter and it is a lot easier than what I had, so going forward I will just convert to JPG which go inline fine, but you have to do each page separtately.

Thanks for trying, I appreciate it.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:41 PM   #4
Platinum Member

I worked fine for me. I'm on a MacBook Pro with the latest operating system and the latest stuff from Adobe.
SiennaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 08:42 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaGuy View Post
I worked fine for me. I'm on a MacBook Pro with the latest operating system and the latest stuff from Adobe.
Where was it you posted it?
Old 06-11-2016, 08:53 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
Where was it you posted it?
When I double clicked on the link, it opened as a PDF on my Mac. Here it is as an attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Effects of alignment .pdf (736.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-11-2016, 08:59 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaGuy View Post
When I double clicked on the link, it opened as a PDF on my Mac. Here it is as an attachment.
Got it, but what I have been trying to do is get the PDF document itself to show up in the post, so folks don't have to have it open out of the post itself. It can add clarity and such without switching back and forth, just like having a picture imbedded in the post.
Old 06-11-2016, 09:37 PM   #8
Platinum Member

If I understand what you're asking for, it would mean that the software that runs the board would have to have built-in support for PDFs, and that support would have to work across several browsers, with both major desktop operating systems, and probably on a few mobile platforms, as well. With a few gifted engineers and a large testing group, it probably could be done, but remember this is a free forum.

To me, the most important thing is that the site is always up and running.
Old 06-11-2016, 09:40 PM   #9
Platinum Member

One problem would be the need to use html in order to get a hosted pdf to display on a forum. Allowing users to code html would be too risky.

I know that you're trying to make the viewing seamless for members but I'm thinking the pdf file either as an attachment or a link will have to suffice otherwise its a lot of work for you and you still might run into image size issues.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 09:57 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markopolo View Post
One problem would be the need to use html in order to get a hosted pdf to display on a forum. Allowing users to code html would be too risky.

I know that you're trying to make the viewing seamless for members but I'm thinking the pdf file either as an attachment or a link will have to suffice otherwise its a lot of work for you and you still might run into image size issues.
That does seem to be the consensus, too bad, but it really isn't all that bad to convert to JPG files. It is interesting, at least to me, that the Adobe PDF converter I just got automatically will generate a page at a time, so it goes pretty quickly. Takes longer to get them uploaded to the forum and put in line. At least with the converter they don't have to be screenshots or scans like other times.
Old 06-12-2016, 01:35 AM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
That does seem to be the consensus, too bad, but it really isn't all that bad to convert to JPG files.
I strongly prefer PDF files because I can use the Search function built into Acrobat to find what I'm looking for. In a multi-page document, this saves me a lot of time. In a JPEG, I often have to read the whole thing to find what I'm interested in. In the latest version of Acrobat Reader, I can also highlight relevant text so that I can quickly find it later on.

« Testin | test »