Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2017, 07:18 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Posting spreadsheet that is editable

We can't post spreadsheets on the forum, for security reasons, that can then be edited with new entries to get different results. It would be nice to be able to provide fully usable spreadsheets for some things like calculators, etc.

I put an Open Office spreadsheet on Google Drive, which seems to be downloadable from a link. It comes up read only, but there is a link to "Open with Google Sheets), that for me anyway made it usable.

Could a few people give this a try to see if will open, and then open in sheets to be usable? The green highlighted areas would be the areas of new data entry.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/147p...ew?usp=sharing
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 09:29 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I clicked on your link and clicked "open in google sheets" option as you suggested and I was able to edit everything: the green cells, and even the formulas.
Saldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:05 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Thanks Saldar, that is good news that it made it through everything. Looks like the only thing that might hold someone up is that if the person doesn't have a google account or aren't signed into it, the open in sheets doesn't appear. I think most folks have some sort of google account, like gmail, though.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:41 PM   #4
Platinum Member

You are right. I am a google tool user and was logged-in to Google when I opened your example spread sheet -- and I was using Chrome.
Saldar is offline   Reply With Quote