Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2019, 06:32 PM   #1

Question Replacing Propane Regulator on Pleasure-Way Lexor

Hello,
I can’t for the life of me find any information on replacing a failed (leaky) propane regulator on a Class B, specifically a Pleasure-Way Lexor. We have a 2016 and discovered the propane leak while camping last week. I literally discovered it by the propane smell and hiss of a leak when I happened to step outside. Turning off the utility area’s LP switch stopped the leak. My husband narrowed the leak down to the location of the regulator.

Once home, we contacted Pleasure-Way and they said that the regulators do fail and to be sure to replace it with a two-stage, as well as carry an extra on hand, insinuating this is a simple job that you may even have to do on the road at some point.

Being the handy guy he is, my husband crawled under the RV (Promaster chassis), removed the protective cover, turned off the propane switch at the tank as an additional safety measure (the utility side switch was also already off), but as he started to disconnect the hoses, he was concerned as propane started to leak out and he didn’t want to continue something he was completely unfamiliar with.

Questions…
1. From someone who has done this job on the same RV, is it normal to have any propane smell as you are disconnecting the hoses, or does that sound like another problem?
2. Is it really the simple job that it appears to be?
3. The existing regulator is a Fairview. Has anyone found a replacement brand that fits or is this the only one that will fit in that tight spot under the protective cover?
4. Should an LP shop do this or is an RV repair place ok?

We have since made an appointment at an RV repair center to have the work done but, as you know, that is weeks away. If anyone has photos or a link, it would be great to see a similar install. It seems all of the information on YouTube is that of externally mounted tanks and regulators which doesn’t help, and seems like a much easier job than from way under the belly of a Class B. Thank you in advance for any guidance or advice.
CarolMerrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 12:37 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Hi: I have a PW Lexor TS(2016) like you. You can check facebook PW owners. Lots of issues and posts regarding propane regulator problems. How to replace etc. I am looking at doing this myself because refrigerator is not cooling as well under propane. It cools very well under AC power but not as well under propane. Please post the issues when your husband does this since I am planning on doing this as well. The regulator recommended by the group is linked here to Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

Best of Luck!
Rlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 03:58 PM   #3

Thank you for the info! I’ll check it out.
CarolMerrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 01:14 PM   #4
Gone Traveling

Flame King makes the top-rated RV propane regulators because it usually produces the best two-stage models, like KT12ACR6. Flame King’s two-stage regulators are easy to install as they already come with sturdy pigtails. Additionally, these regulators have color indicators to tell you when the tank is empty and automatically switches to the second full tank.
Philipclopez is offline   Reply With Quote