Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2018, 04:30 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default '15 RT 210 Outlet Inoperative

There is a electrical outlet over the sink area that is not working. It is one I don't use often, but do remember using it in the past. I checked the breakers, pushed the GFI to reset and it still doesn't work. I used the yellow electrical socket tester and it is dead. I also checked the other outlets in the rear area and they are working. I am wondering if the wiring is loose, or if he box needs changed out. Any suggestions on what to check next would be appreciated. Ron
Old 11-28-2018, 04:35 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron J. Moore View Post
There is a electrical outlet over the sink area that is not working. It is one I don't use often, but do remember using it in the past. I checked the breakers, pushed the GFI to reset and it still doesn't work. I used the yellow electrical socket tester and it is dead. I also checked the other outlets in the rear area and they are working. I am wondering if the wiring is loose, or if he box needs changed out. Any suggestions on what to check next would be appreciated. Ron

Those are the inverter powered outlets in a non lithium 210, so on shore power they have to be switched by the transfers switch in the Tripplite, if that is what you have for an inverter/charger.

Unplug for shore power and turn on the inverter and see if they work. If they do, all the wiring is good, and you are likely looking at the internal transfer switch in the Tripplite. If you find that is the case, plug and unplug shore power a few times to see if it will start working, rarely they will.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 05:57 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron J. Moore View Post
GFIs now and then will fail of their own accord. They can be tested by (with power down) removing the receptacle plate, pulling out the GFI, turning on power and checking for 120VAC on the input leads to the GFI. If they are hot, the GFI is the culprit. If they are not hot, the problem is upstream of the GFI input.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 02:48 PM   #4
Platinum Member

For Booster & Cruising 7388 - I really appreciate the info. Booster, I tried what you said, that didn't work out. Cruising 7388, in view of the outlet not being used reguarly, and sure not this winter, I am going to hold off until we get back to warmer weather and then I will try the info you provided. Thanks, I really appreciate the info, Ron.
Old 11-29-2018, 03:09 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Have you checked all the other other outlets to see if any others aren't working? The inverter powered ones used be over the sink, in the audio cabinet next to the sink, and on the armoire behind the driver seat. You don't have an audio cabinet in a 2015, I think, so that wouldn't be there, but the one on the other side by the TV may be on the inverter also, as they want you to be able to run the entertainment stuff on batteries.

If the others are also dead, you are back to the inverter transfer switch of the GFCI, if they aren't then it is likely the sink outlet only or the wiring to it.

Perhaps someone that has a similar year to yours can check and see which outlets they had on the inverter in that time period.
Old 11-29-2018, 03:50 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Thanks to you booster, the outlet is now back in operation. I read your latest Post, went out and checked. I had checked the outlets in the rear and they were okay; I looked up into the cabinet and had seen only the 12V plug outlet, but failed to see the outlet, which does have a GFI.......a snake and I would have been bitten. I reset and the little nite light come on. Again, thanks so much for the assist. Stay warm up there, Ron.
Old 11-29-2018, 04:42 PM   #7
Platinum Member

That's why I love this forum!
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:57 PM   #8
Platinum Member

That's great, Ron, always glad to see it be something that doesn't need a trip to the dealer, or worse.

Happy travels to you!