Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2019, 01:42 AM   #21
Gold Member

Thanks Booster, I now understand how to do this. I appreciate the explanation. After I get the new battery in, in going to try to figure out some kind of monitor to make sure I don’t run the new batteries too low.
Thevon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 06:39 AM   #22
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thevon View Post
Thanks Booster, I now understand how to do this. I appreciate the explanation. After I get the new battery in, in going to try to figure out some kind of monitor to make sure I don’t run the new batteries too low.
booster did not mention it, but you probably know to not just add another new battery with an old and/or different one.

I simply use battery voltage meters to monitor the 2 batteries. I am Confident with this method, but it took experience - time and Effort. Someone may come along and say wait, those cheap battery voltage meters and multimeters are not accurate and are +/- whatever, true. But that is not how they are to be used.

Have fun with the new project.

Bud
Bud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 02:48 PM   #23
Gold Member

Bud, so you check by using a volt meter at the battery posts? Should I check them with the battery switch off? Thanks
Old 05-21-2019, 03:26 PM   #24
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thevon View Post
Bud, so you check by using a volt meter at the battery posts? Should I check them with the battery switch off? Thanks
Mostly no and yes. You'll want to know battery state of charge while you are using the batteries. My 05 190P only has access to 12 volts dc in the cabinet with the broadcast tv antenna amplifier. Of course, it can be obtained from the elsewhere too.

Greg, this subject of battery state of charge (SOC) can be complex. The least expensive way is a battery meter for voltage, SOC. It is the least accurate, least desirable. Given that is the case, some folks just blow it off, sometimes not really understanding.

I suggest a simple search, google, something like 'how to determine 12 volt state of charge'. Then return.
Bud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 04:05 PM   #25
Gold Member

Thanks Bud.