Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2017, 05:08 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default 2 LEDs not working, 2 dim (LED problem or something else)

I know the interior lights in my 2005 Pleasureway Plateau were changed to LED within the last year (before I bought it). Recently I discovered 2 of 4 of the LED lights are dim (they are the round flat LEDs in puck fixtures. 2 of another 4 LED lights aren't working, same kind of LEDs and same size, approximately 1 1/4" diameter.

I have had lots of problems with the roof leaking, I've been working on it, it doesn't appear to be leaking now.

I'm wondering do I try new LEDs? or is it more likely related to the past water leaks. Yes, the lights or switches are near one of the seams that was leaking. The LEDs are a little large for the puck fixtures and hit the edge, it looks like I can buy smaller lights that fit the fixture better.
Lennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:56 AM   #2
Platinum Member

sound like poor quality leds if you have had individual leds within pucks fail while others work.

I use philips leds in my RV and have written up the conversion from 1146 type bulbs to leds- which cost about $8 per light

try to get a quality name brand - sylvania, philips etc the off brands will disappoint

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote