Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2020, 04:31 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Alternative i3 Charging on Lithium RV System

Hey Guys - I though you guys would enjoy a few images of my alternate electric car charging method when I need to add a few miles to my i3’s when traveling off the power grid.

This RV was recently upgraded this RV from flooded batteries to a state of the art 8 kw Lithionics lithium power system capable of even running the roof top air for 6-8 hours. If anyone is interested in lithium upgrades, I posted the article on this forum of a video.

Enjoy - Mike Mas

IdleUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 09:09 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Regretfully the link for the video was removed however If anyone is interested in Lithium upgrade for their RV you can do a search on this forum to find it!

Regards Mike
Old 02-03-2020, 12:35 AM   #3

Hi Mike, Awesome set-up!! I too own an i3, and am inching ever closer to pulling the trigger on a used Leisure Unity. Looks like u might have a newer RTB model. Works great for your new lithium set-up. If you don't mind my asking, do you pull your i3 and if so what sort of a set up do you have for that. Thanks for the info on lithium.
kdzbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 05:11 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Kdzbil,

Hello and thanks for your reply - I do use my BMW i-3 on occasions where I’m proving consulting and stuck at one location for a period of time.

To avoid all the hassle of towing I just use my aluminum trailer. It’s so easy and I’m not adding mile to the i3. I included an image of the trailer with my CanAm. We have been driving i3’s since 2014, my 2019 model had the big 120 pack and it averages 170 miles plus I have the RX should I need no find a charging station. By the way, our latest addition to lithium is our Jaguar I-Pace, the car is unbelievable interior and quality wise, gets 250+ miles and makes the Tesla look like a Tonka Toy in every respect. I included a few images.

Keep us posted on your lithium upgrade - if you have question just PM or email me Good luck with your project.