Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-10-2019, 04:34 PM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Florida
Posts: 14
Default Coach battery box slide arms

The slide arms on the coach battery box on our 2007 Roadtrek 210 Versatile have lost thier ball bearings making opening and closing a little difficult.

Dors anyone know of a source to purchase these?

Thanks
__________________

RAA357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 06:54 PM   #2
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Posts: 236
Default

They are available on the internet or from a speciality woodworkers store. Ideally you would get stainless steel sliders but I was unable to locate any in the form factor/weight rating required. You need 200# weight rated sliders, 0.50inch thickness and 12.0 inches in length. These are originally secured to the drawer with pop rivets and you should get an air tool to accomplish this (Harbor Freight $40). You will need to remove the entire box: this is secured to the struts below with flat topped Allan bolts 1/4X20 unit aircraft nylock nuts below and 4 or 6 self tapping sheet metal screws (primarily for alignment purposes). You should take the drawer front off before proceeding with the removal. Drill out the pop rivets. These can be replaces with #14 sheet metal screws at reassembly. The slides cost me about $85 from Cabinetmakers Supply (a national chain).
__________________

JohnnyFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:19 PM   #3
Platinum Member
 
rowiebowie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAA357 View Post
The slide arms on the coach battery box on our 2007 Roadtrek 210 Versatile have lost thier ball bearings making opening and closing a little difficult.

Does anyone know of a source to purchase these?

Thanks
Sorry for your problem, but a good reminder to the rest of us to keep those slides & bearings oiled up. Between battery fumes, water, and road dirt, those things take a beating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFry View Post
They are available on the internet or from a speciality woodworkers store. Ideally you would get stainless steel sliders but I was unable to locate any in the form factor/weight rating required. You need 200# weight rated sliders, 0.50inch thickness and 12.0 inches in length. These are originally secured to the drawer with pop rivets and you should get an air tool to accomplish this (Harbor Freight $40). You will need to remove the entire box: this is secured to the struts below with flat topped Allan bolts 1/4X20 unit aircraft nylock nuts below and 4 or 6 self tapping sheet metal screws (primarily for alignment purposes). You should take the drawer front off before proceeding with the removal. Drill out the pop rivets. These can be replaces with #14 sheet metal screws at reassembly. The slides cost me about $85 from Cabinetmakers Supply (a national chain).
Good advice for those who need to do the same replacement/repair to their battery compartment. Thanks.
.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 04:41 PM   #4
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFry View Post
They are available on the internet or from a speciality woodworkers store. Ideally you would get stainless steel sliders but I was unable to locate any in the form factor/weight rating required. You need 200# weight rated sliders, 0.50inch thickness and 12.0 inches in length. These are originally secured to the drawer with pop rivets and you should get an air tool to accomplish this (Harbor Freight $40). You will need to remove the entire box: this is secured to the struts below with flat topped Allan bolts 1/4X20 unit aircraft nylock nuts below and 4 or 6 self tapping sheet metal screws (primarily for alignment purposes). You should take the drawer front off before proceeding with the removal. Drill out the pop rivets. These can be replaces with #14 sheet metal screws at reassembly. The slides cost me about $85 from Cabinetmakers Supply (a national chain).
Thanks for the detailed info, but please be more specific on the exact slide arms (part number?) you ordered from Cabinetmakers Supply. Much appreciated!
jdcollier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:05 PM   #5
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Florida
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcollier View Post
Thanks for the detailed info, but please be more specific on the exact slide arms (part number?) you ordered from Cabinetmakers Supply. Much appreciated!

Yes please, part #s would be a great help!

Thanks
RAA357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:27 PM   #6
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Posts: 236
Default

Unfortunately I no longer have the receipt. The important issues are:
---12 inch overall length
---0.50 inch slide thickness side to side (otherwise it won't fit)
---double extension preferably releasable(to allow the drawer to be removed)
---200 pound rating (this one is important!)
---Stainless steel IF YOU CAN FIND THEM, I couldn't
---SS POP rivets if possible. If you have to use screws use as many as you have holes for!
JohnnyFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:57 PM   #7
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFry View Post
Unfortunately I no longer have the receipt. The important issues are:
---12 inch overall length
---0.50 inch slide thickness side to side (otherwise it won't fit)
---double extension preferably releasable(to allow the drawer to be removed)
---200 pound rating (this one is important!)
---Stainless steel IF YOU CAN FIND THEM, I couldn't
---SS POP rivets if possible. If you have to use screws use as many as you have holes for!
I have been searching the Cabinetmakers Supply website and there are a bunch of sliders on there. It is very confusing trying to find the correct one to order. When you say 0.50 inch side to side, it that the thickness/width or is it the height of the slide? The only one that seems close is this one: Accuride A3640 - Accuride Ball Bearing, Full extension Drawer Slides
jdcollier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:57 PM   #8
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcollier View Post
I have been searching the Cabinetmakers Supply website and there are a bunch of sliders on there. It is very confusing trying to find the correct one to order. When you say 0.50 inch side to side, it that the thickness/width or is it the height of the slide? The only one that seems close is this one: Accuride A3640 - Accuride Ball Bearing, Full extension Drawer Slides

Finding slides, especially in stainless steel can be a challenge. I found it easiest to go to the Thomas Register site and find who the manufacturers are and then go to their sites to see all the available slides and ratings. Once you know what you want, it is then easy to Google search the part numbers to find out who sells that particular part number.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 10:37 PM   #9
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 1,310
Default Accuride

Corrosion resistance sliders - https://www.accuride.com/products/sp...sion-resistant

I used Accuride for all drawers and 300lbs for rock & roll sofa bed.
__________________
George
2013 Sprinter VOILA
https://goo.gl/photos/2NCR3teXLSwNYSwN8
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 12:04 AM   #10
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Posts: 236
Default

Thickness refers to the side to side dimension.
__________________

JohnnyFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.