Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2019, 07:45 PM   #1

Default Couch/bed not working -- 2015 RT

We have a 2015 RoadTrek Sprinter. The couch/bed will not recline. I think it's the switch but I'm not sure. Could it be anything else? Been looking all over for a replacement switch with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
JPMoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 03:07 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPMoe View Post
We have a 2015 RoadTrek Sprinter. The couch/bed will not recline. I think it's the switch but I'm not sure. Could it be anything else? Been looking all over for a replacement switch with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum JPMoe!

So I assume nothing happens when you press the switch. Pretty sure the seat motor is 12v and always powered. Check all 12v fuses first. Then test the switch by testing with a multimeter or swapping it with another similar switch. Just make sure you note the wiring positions, or better yet, label them to insure you place them back on the correct terminals. At very least, take a picture with your cell phone.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 05:18 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I recently read on another Site about someone having this problem, and found the Switch on Amazon. Ron
Old 08-10-2019, 06:31 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPMoe View Post

I am pretty sure I have that switch in my hand right now.

American Technologies Components, 40 amp, 12v DC. Stamped 3806. Center of momentary each way. I removed this a while ago to use the location for another switch on our 07 Roadtrek 190. Couch has been out for years.

If you can't find one, let me know, you can have this one.

If anyone wants the whole couch you can have it very cheap!
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 02:57 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
I am pretty sure I have that switch in my hand right now.

American Technologies Components, 40 amp, 12v DC. Stamped 3806. Center of momentary each way. I removed this a while ago to use the location for another switch on our 07 Roadtrek 190. Couch has been out for years.

If you can't find one, let me know, you can have this one.

If anyone wants the whole couch you can have it very cheap!
I don't see an ATC part 3806 on their website although they do show some switches. Can you look at their offerings and determine their part number for this switch? Thanks.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 12:20 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
I don't see an ATC part 3806 on their website although they do show some switches. Can you look at their offerings and determine their part number for this switch? Thanks.

None of the part numbers are close to the 3806, so that must be a date code.

None of the the switches they show are the same. The Roadtrek one is a 5 pin connection all in line. Everything they show in a NO reversing switch with center off are now double row contacts so much wider. They look to be 6 pin with two pins jumped so likely identical electrically. 40 amp rating and with the arrows even on them.

To use on of those switches you would have to replace the pigtail connector and cut a bigger opening, so a PITA.

Probably best to give them a call and see if it is still available or if they have a sales list of who bought some stock of the them.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 06:30 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:

None of the the switches they show are the same. The Roadtrek one is a 5 pin connection all in line. Everything they show in a NO reversing switch with center off are now double row contacts so much wider. They look to be 6 pin with two pins jumped so likely identical electrically. 40 amp rating and with the arrows even on them.

To use on of those switches you would have to replace the pigtail connector and cut a bigger opening, so a PITA.

Probably best to give them a call and see if it is still available or if they have a sales list of who bought some stock of the them.
I'll follow up with them tomorrow. Thanks.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:51 AM   #8

Thanks everyone. Can the sofa be lowered manually?
JPMoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:59 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:

Got the following from ATC regarding the power sofa switch:

I believe you are looking for the AP-SWI-019. It has arrows on the front and there are five terminals in-line. It is a black switch. If you have the white version. They are no longer available. You can purchase one from us for $18.95 plus processing and handling. Also, you may look online. There might be something local to you. My contact information is listed below if you would like to place an order. Thank you and have a good day!

Thank you,
Anicia Lavengood
Parts and Warranty
American Technology Components
2905 LaVanture Place
Elkhart, IN 46514
maya@atcomp.com
(P)800-238-2687
(D)574-322-6714
(F)574-206-4257
M-F 6AM-2PM EST
Old 08-15-2019, 04:21 PM   #10
Bronze Member

If you look under the bed from the back door of the van, there are two screw rails that lower the bed. It's extremely easy to have the travelers on these rails rack, that is, one will get ahead of the other and you are locked and screwed. Disassembly of the mechanisms is then in order. For this reason, I took the entire bed and lowering equipment out and replaced them with a cherry plywood frame, raised 6" from the previous bed. I kept the "U" shape and I have a piece of cherry plywood that goes between the "U" at night. Did have to have 4 new cushions made. Small price to pay for MUCH improved storage and no frozen bed rails. Dave W
DWorrell3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 07:34 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:

The part number is AP-SWI-019 and since it was primarily used for controlling slides it had a 40 amp rating. Current production has derated the switch to 20 amps which probably is adequate for the motor draw. Considering how unique the switch is, I think keeping a spare is prudent.

That said, I think the predominant cause of power seat failure is stuffing gear in the underseat storage area that ends up jamming the drive assembly.
Old 08-18-2019, 10:41 PM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWorrell3 View Post
For this reason, I took the entire bed and lowering equipment out and replaced them with a cherry plywood frame, raised 6" from the previous bed. I kept the "U" shape and I have a piece of cherry plywood that goes between the "U" at night. Did have to have 4 new cushions made. Small price to pay for MUCH improved storage and no frozen bed rails. Dave W
Pictures would be appreciated.