Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2007, 11:48 AM   #1

Default Do you still like this generator?? Any long term results??

Hi All
I am considering buying this generator. The weight is good and the sound levels seems to be as good as the others. The Price is great. Is everyone still happy with this gen.? Any of you have a good amount of test hours on yours? I can get the red or the white-Which one should I get and why? Thanks for the help.
John
PULLNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:10 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Great question. I sold mine soon after I got my current RV but would still like to know the answer.

I put this section on the forum to share info like that.

You can also take a look at the Boliy posts on RV.net

boatdoc gets a lot of use out of his.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:24 PM   #3
Platinum Member

CKPOPUP is a member of this forum. He has logged over 100 hours on his. Hopefully he'll see this topic.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:47 PM   #4

Yo!!! just cruised by here and saw this... I've got around 175hrs on my Boliy now without a hiccup... I'm real pleased. I've changed the oil every 25 or so hrs and just make sure air filter is clean etc. I"m glad I bought it!!!!!!
CKPOPUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:25 PM   #5

Thanks for the info. Do you think the noise level is the same or better than the Honda and Yammy?
Thanks John
Old 01-09-2008, 07:46 AM   #6

Hi
Just to let everyone know I e-mailed the Boley-guy and he claims to have 5oo hours on his unit.
John
Old 01-10-2008, 01:35 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PULLNIT
Thanks for the info. Do you think the noise level is the same or better than the Honda and Yammy?
Thanks John
I put my Boliy side by side of a Honda 2000 and stepped back about 10 to 15 feet with the exhaust pointing in my direction from where I was standing. I noticed I could hear the Boliy over the 2000, but I could still hear the 2000 while the two units were running. So overall, I'd say its real similar to the 2000 but just a tiny bit louder, but not by much. As for the Yamaha, I haven't been able to judge it yet.

Regards,
CKPOPUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:15 AM   #8

Thanks again ckpopup
I wonder how it would sound next to 2 Honda 2000 running together? That has to be louder than 1 Honda. I would need 2 Hondas to run my A/C. I am going to buy the Boiley becouse the weight is right and so is the price. Now who should I buy it from and what color-Blue-White-Red-White with yellow???? It seems everyday another combo shows up on E-bay. I am leaning toward buying from the Boilyguy just becouse he replies back to my emails fast! He also claims to have the 3rd generation.
John