Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2016, 02:21 AM   #1

Default electrical failure 08 Pleasure Way Excel TS

So, I walked out to the van yesterday and everything worked like normal. Not plugged in and generator off, my normal 12v accessories worked fine, lights, furnace, sensors, etc. Now, The house batteries were a little low (showing 1/3 full) so I kicked on the generator for a bit, upon turning it off all the power cut. Now nothing works at all, no lights, no monitoring system, nothing. It's like the van is dead. When I kick on the generator everything works again as normal. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Any help is appreciated.
C.
c7train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 06:08 AM   #2
Platinum Member

open the cabinet with the small circuit breaker- on my Lexor TD it is on the pass side of the van.

I believe that on rear sofa models it is on the front side of the cabinetry under the sofa- a little door.

there are 3 or 4 circuit breakers which when tripped a little tang protrudes from the side- it may be red ( like the manual says...) or black like mine are- the black ones are hard to see.

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 12:20 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c7train View Post
So, I walked out to the van yesterday and everything worked like normal. Not plugged in and generator off, my normal 12v accessories worked fine, lights, furnace, sensors, etc. Now, The house batteries were a little low (showing 1/3 full) so I kicked on the generator for a bit, upon turning it off all the power cut. Now nothing works at all, no lights, no monitoring system, nothing. It's like the van is dead. When I kick on the generator everything works again as normal. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Any help is appreciated.
C.
Are you saying that the 12v stuff all went off when the generator went off, and then came back on when when the generator came back on? If so, it would indicate no battery in the system at all, or totally dead. I would look for loose battery cable and check the battery first, unless there is a battery disconnect switch that could have failed.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 07:48 PM   #4

Thanks so much for the help! mkguitar this was the issue. Booster, this caused the breaker to trip. There was a loose connection that I think caused the other breaker to trip. I tightened up the connection and reset the breaker. All is working well! Thanks again! Great forum here!
c7train is offline   Reply With Quote