Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2018, 09:09 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
I assume this is the “relief” valve flow diagram by Roadtrek. Truma’s manual clearly shows how a pressure relief valve should be installed so why would they approve a different and unsafe installation.
A first boom-boom malfunction and Roadtrek could be in a deep trouble and will not be able to say we didn’t know.
BTW: this is a similar photo that depicts Aktiv water flow from input (1) to cold water input to boiler (10a). The boiler explosion hazard is cause by the brass over-pressure valve (near 7b) and yellow drain valve (near 7a) being isolated from the boiler (after 10a) when the owner puts the bypass valve (near 9) in bypass, a common event. In the bypass position the two safety valves are diverted from the boiler and the boiler is sealed.
ContinuousImprovement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:26 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContinuousImprovement View Post
BTW: this is a similar photo that depicts Aktiv water flow from input (1) to cold water input to boiler (10a). The boiler explosion hazard is cause by the brass over-pressure valve (near 7b) and yellow drain valve (near 7a) being isolated from the boiler (after 10a) when the owner puts the bypass valve (near 9) in bypass, a common event. In the bypass position the two safety valves are diverted from the boiler and the boiler is sealed.

did he/roadtrek actually sue you? I assume the discovery process would force them to prove it.
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:35 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Default Important Correction

We need to be squeaky clean on facts since we don't what Hymer to shutdown the safety discussion on a technicality. The Hymer Aktiv's plumbing still violates safety code. Our web posting also countered Mr. Hammill's repeated assertions that there is an internal pressure sensor. We withdrew mention of the pressure sensor from the website until we receive confirmation from Truma.

We also added some good points made in this forum. Thanks

https://sites.google.com/view/shoot-...ect?authuser=6
Old 05-01-2018, 03:16 AM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
did he/roadtrek actually sue you? I assume the discovery process would force them to prove it.
Did I say sue? I don't know what legal action they might take. Despite multiple written requests, Erwin Hymer Group is clearly not stopping him from attacking me directly and on the public Internet for everyone that knows me.
Old 05-01-2018, 12:05 PM   #25
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
Jim Hammill posted this on the Roadtreking Facebook group...

Hello Folks,

I find it difficult to make posts like these, but there is a significant issue being caused by a man on another site named Mr Sam Carswell.

Jim Hammill
President and CEO
Erwin Hymer Group of North America

There were 100 people who were mildly interested in this.
Now there are 100,000 people who are paying serious attention to this.

Old 05-04-2018, 10:16 PM   #26
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post

Maybe he is scared. Primitive man has three responses: fight, flight and Dwight
Old 05-05-2018, 02:17 AM   #27
Platinum Member

Quote:

I would accept he went from a few hundred to more than 17,000 (the number of members in the group he posted to) but 100,000 ???
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 04:30 AM   #28

Cool Get A Life!!!!

I believe Jim Hammill is a blowhard and is working past his paygrade. But but give me a break there is a lot more to RVing than slagging your rig. Get a Life!!
Warmland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 03:38 AM   #29
Platinum Member

Default Returning soon

Quote:

Why is he going into all that song and dance?

All he has to do is to produce a document from Truma,
or a statement from Truma,
to the effect that the unit is internally pressure and temperature protected.

This started as a simple inquiry from a customer. Why is he withholding the information? What is he afraid of?

Excellent point. The song and dance was Mr. Hammill's way of dodging the fact that some of his RVs aren't National Fire Protection Association 1192 compliant as stated on the RVIA sticker. The attached parody of RVIA's sticker may be Hymer's new safety standard. The "shoot-the-messenger" website is off-line and undergoing a major rewrite. It will be back in time for discovery in Mr. Hammill's promised legal action against Mr. Carswell. Yes, I'm Mr. Carswell and I'm angry that EHG let Mr. Hammill put my name on the open Internet in association with Hymer's violations.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hammill cert.jpg (183.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg RVIA cert.jpg (184.0 KB, 10 views)
Old 05-10-2018, 03:36 PM   #30
Platinum Member

Default This thread has moved

There are now traceable to NFPA safety code violations so the question of wire gauges and other issues are proven to be in out of compliance. Therefore this thread is over. Please see the new thread titled:
"Legal Action: Hymer NA Aktiv not NFPA 1192 compliant"
Old 05-10-2018, 06:55 PM   #31
Platinum Member

Default Legal Action: Hymer NA Aktiv not NFPA 1192 compliant

January 2018 SUIET Hacks, LLC notified Hymer NA its Aktiv's are not compliant to National Fire Protection Association's NFPA 1192: Standard on Recreational Vehicles. Some major electrical and plumbing violations are detailed at:
https://sites.google.com/view/shoot-the-messenger/home

Hymer has chosen to fight than fix. They have promised legal action against SUIET Hacks, LLC and its president, Sam Carswell, me. Do you have information on dangerous events, other safety code violations or examples of Hymer NA's tactic of intimation/attack on anyone raising questions about Hymer safety and quality? Please write:
hymer.whistle.blower@gmail.com
Old 05-12-2018, 01:37 PM   #32
Platinum Member

Default request to review

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
Yep, I think what it would all possibly show is that there is some play on words going on with it. He said it was redundant protection for temp and pressure, but he did not say it was a pressure and temperature relief valve like is in the wrong place in the pic. Electronic/mechanical sensors would be called redundant if there were two of them monitoring internally, so he is not technically lying, but a system such as that would not meet the code that is quoted which is for a T&P relief valve.

IMO, it would be much better to put all the facts and documents out there for the customers. If there is no hazard or code violations, the customers are going to be glad, relieved, and will also be quiet.
Hi Booster,
The safety campaign is moving to a legal phase. The Mr. Hammill and Hymer litigation counsel's letter indicates their strategy is to pierce the veil of SUIET Hacks, LLC and will make it personal. The web site has been reorganized for Sam's defense. We'd appreciate technical types reviewing the safety code violations section of the website, comment here or email corrections to hymer.whistle.blower@gmail.com to if you want to stay clear of the lawyers.

https://sites.google.com/view/shoot-the-messenger/home
Old 12-18-2018, 02:27 PM   #33
Platinum Member

Exclamation Update on Hymer and RT safety hazards

1) Hymer finally admitted "an uncontrolled pressure could be created if any remaining Truma water were to boil".
2) The life threatening Microgreen Inverter/charger hazard in most new RT/Hymer RVs has not been fixed although Hymer now apparently concedes an 18-gauge wire grounds the 30-amp service.

All of the evidence is in the attached file which is also in the hands of Thor Industries Board of Directors. Thor will surely issue the long awaited recalls of RTs and Hymers built in North America.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Evidence Supporting Filing 16Dec2018 for download.pdf (2.34 MB, 38 views)
Old 12-20-2018, 01:08 AM   #34
Platinum Member

Quote:
Therefore this thread is over. Please see the new thread titled:
"Legal Action: Hymer NA Aktiv not NFPA 1192 compliant"
Where is that thread?
Old 12-24-2018, 03:11 PM   #35
Platinum Member

Default Requested updated wiring diagram

Apparently Hymer now concedes the 30-amp service is solely grounded (earthed) through an 18-gauge wire! There's even a suggestion the 18-gauge wire might fuse during a short thus leaving the RV "safe". Absurd! The reality is the fused wire leaves the entire RV electrified waiting to electrocute a passerby who touches any metal on the RV. I don't know where the old threads have gone, there was a deletion by the site; I guess Hymer doesn't like these posts. The attached figure is an excerpt from the entire Attorney General evidence file posted last week and this figure is better than the old figures I drew for the previous threads. It includes the requested Hot, Neutral and Ground conductors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aktiv electrical violations rev 3.jpg (301.1 KB, 33 views)
Old 12-24-2018, 06:20 PM   #36
Platinum Member

Quote:
Apparently Hymer now concedes the 30-amp service is solely grounded (earthed) through an 18-gauge wire! There's even a suggestion the 18-gauge wire might fuse during a short thus leaving the RV "safe". Absurd! The reality is the fused wire leaves the entire RV electrified waiting to electrocute a passerby who touches any metal on the RV. I don't know where the old threads have gone, there was a deletion by the site; I guess Hymer doesn't like these posts. The attached figure is an excerpt from the entire Attorney General evidence file posted last week and this figure is better than the old figures I drew for the previous threads. It includes the requested Hot, Neutral and Ground conductors.
Is the Hymer inverter the same Powerstar unit used in the Roadtreks?

Wouldn't a hot to ground condition normally trip the inverter or pedestal breaker before overloading the 18g wire?
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:04 PM   #37
Platinum Member

We shouldn't use Hymer's unsafe logic. They break the requirement for 10-gauge wire then claim 18-gauge is good enough. They install the over-pressure safety relief valve in violation of safety code then claim its good enough. Hymer falsely claims NFPA-1192 compliance so attorneys generals should prosecute.

I wouldn't let my family live in a 100-Amp service home that used 16-gauge wire to the street pole; would you? That is the exact equivalent of 30-amp service on 18-gauge wire.

I'll explain the danger if we must let Hymer break safety code when the competition builds safety. Your example of a zero-ohm short circuit is a "safest" short since the breaker throws quickly. A thirty-amp breaker throws somewhere above 30amps. The 18-gauge wire at 30 amps heats to move than a hundred degrees above its MAXIMUM rated temperature. That's simply not safe. The attorneys general evidence file contains pictures of Hymer's melted connectors. That result is no connection thus no ground. Is Hymer waiting until someone is electrocuted? Hymer's known about this since April and hasn't fixef it.
Old 12-25-2018, 12:45 AM   #38
Platinum Member

Why the outlets and appliances are electrocution hazards? Because of the 18-gauge wires?
Old 12-25-2018, 01:00 AM   #39
Platinum Member

By the way, I can't connect my Roadtrek to a GFCI outlet without tripping it. Dealer said they all do this.
Old 12-25-2018, 11:55 AM   #40
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshimura View Post
By the way, I can't connect my Roadtrek to a GFCI outlet without tripping it. Dealer said they all do this.

IIRC, in the original discussion of this topic, it was mentioned that Roadtrek had permanently bonded neutral and ground (in the breaker box?).

If neutral and ground are bonded in the van, it will always trip a shore power GFCI because you have two parallel current paths for the neutral side of the circuit. This moves some of the current from the neutral to the ground wire, so the GFCI won't see the same current in the hot and neutral, causing tripping.

If your van is wired the same, it could very well be the issue.

The correct way to do the bonding, IMO, is to have the van unbonded and use an autobonding inverter.

When the van is permanently bonded and you are on shore power that is not GFCI, which is most of the time, if you get an open neutral all the current goes to the ground wire so the van body has the potential to be electrically hot if the ground opens.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
aktiv, hymer, jim hammill, review, safety