Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2019, 11:41 AM   #1

Default No 12v Power in coach.

I am having a problem with my 2007 Pleasure way Excel TS. When I disconnect from shore power I don't have any 12v DC power. Nothing works.

My battery is fully charged, "OPTIMA BLUE TOP" and has been checked by 2 auto parts stores and they both say it is a good battery.

Converter is a PROGRESSIVE DYNAMICS PD9245, no blown fuses, all connections tight. Have checked all the resets in the electrical compartment below the heater, all seem to be OK. Could the converter be bad? Anyone have any other ideas. Thanks
bobbyv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 01:34 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Check the battery disconnect switch & make sure it is on. This post: http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f2...kers-6500.html - might help you locate it if you're not sure where it is.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 02:54 PM   #3
Platinum Member

My battery disconnect switch on my previous 2005 Pleasure-way was behind a small door in my ottoman and it was a big red switch. That was hard to miss.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 12:57 AM   #4

Battery disconnect is on.
bobbyv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 02:43 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Then you need a voltmeter and learn how to use it.

Battery Disconnect is not on. If the battery is good and you have power to the switch then the switch is off.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 11:15 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Just to continue what hbn7hj started - if power is not getting to the switch then look for blown fuse or breaker etc.

The PD9245 seems to be working as it should. Those converters can function as a power supply and don't need a battery connected to work.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 11:05 PM   #7
Platinum Member

My PW is a 1997. Davydd's is closer to yours in year so he might know if PW still did this: On mine there is a breaker between the converter/charger and the battery. There is also a breaker for the alternator into the battery and the fridge out. These 3 breakers are not (on mine) part of or in the same location as the converter/charger. IF your model year still has these, you may want to try resetting the breaker for the converter/charger. My skimpy owner's manual showed where these were located.

If your year does not have these or if resetting the breaker does not help, I agree with the others: check your battery in at the DC power distribution center with a voltmeter and see if you're getting power there. Obviously you'd want to be disconnected from shore power.
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 05:30 PM   #8
Bronze Member

Yes, check your resettable breakers. Mine are behind a little door by the floor between the kitchen and bed. There is a very small button on the side of the breaker you must push to reset.
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote