Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2024, 01:04 AM   #21
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urlauber View Post
Perhaps because the discussion is from 6 years ago? Not sure.
Yes, but please note the discussion has been "freshened." The last several posts are current - and the "electrical power supply/battery landscape" has significantly evolved from initial posting. Seemed like a question worthy of being asked.

The "total" electric vehicles tesla/et all will not survive the demand for Lithium. In a short period the demand will out pace the availability of the material. Batteries for "driving" (motive power) will be in direct competion for batteries required for power supply. Power supply seems a more worthwhile use of the resource, rather than short haul driving. Availability of charging options, cost of charging for driving, etc. lead me to this thought. [I could be wrong - Note: I did not say CONCLUSION]

AGMs have a place as do LiFePO4. If willing to do the work, even 6V Golf Cart batteries have a place. I was surprised that in the most recent posts there was no discussion/suggestion offered regarding options to the other options other than AGM/Lifelines. New readers to the forum ought to understand the current landscape, the options and opportunities - not just the history.

Cheers - Jim
phantomjock is offline   Reply With Quote