Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2019, 05:42 PM   #1

Default Pleasureway Solar

I have a 97 Pleasure Way and I知 looking for an effective way to add solar. There痴 not a lot of real estate on the roof I知 considering a roof rack, has anyone successfully added solar? If so I知 open to suggestions and recommendations
Nekmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 05:48 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekmor View Post
I have a 97 Pleasure Way and I知 looking for an effective way to add solar. There痴 not a lot of real estate on the roof I知 considering a roof rack, has anyone successfully added solar? If so I知 open to suggestions and recommendations
The first question is what your goal is in adding solar. This will help determine how much real estate you will need. If it is merely battery health while parked and "topping off" FLA charges, a relatively small panel will do. If you aspire to making a significant contribution to your off-grid running time, that is a different story.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 06:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
The first question is what your goal is in adding solar. This will help determine how much real estate you will need. If it is merely battery health while parked and "topping off" FLA charges, a relatively small panel will do. If you aspire to making a significant contribution to your off-grid running time, that is a different story.
I have an onboard generator so in a pinch I can run my microwave or air-conditioner for short periods of time.

Mostly I’m thinking about fans for airflow, being able to run my laptop, tablet, USB chargers etc.
Nekmor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pleasure way, pleasureway, solar