Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2014, 04:15 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Default Re: quick battery question

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric1514
My understanding is that it will run for 4 hours and then revert to the mode it was at previously.
Thanks for the information, that confirms what I had heard before. Like the others, they have chosen their parameters based on what they think is the best compromise for the varied applications. At least the say in some of the literature that the 2-3 hour charge time is for a 125AH battery, and with a 4 hour max, you probably couldn't go a whole lot bigger without not getting full. They do have two big pluses. The fact that they always go into absorption when plugged in, and that you can force them into absorption if you want. From what was said, it sounds like you can force it out of absorption also, which would be a plus, but then we are getting away from the "automatic" part of the charger.
My CW always goes into Boost mode when I plug in. How long it stays in that mode, I haven't payed attention to. It seems to vary and I always let it decide. I've forced it into boost mode from absorption or float just for yukes, but usually I leave my coach plugged in 24/7 when I'm home and ignore it.

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
eric1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:40 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Here are some converter locations.

2011 Great West Van Legend converter in upper cabinet behind that round vent. To get to it you have to remove the fuse box just to the left.

2005 Pleasure-way Plateau with the converter under the ottoman seat. You have to remove the cushion and a plywood screwed in panel to get to it. Note this was a non-intelligent PD 9200 converter but had a plug in for a PD Charge Wizard I bought later. It was easy to do and I was able to mount the module interface inside that battery disconnect cabinet just outside the ottoman. The newer PD 9250 intelligent converters don't have a module readout. There is not much to do other than to look at it out of curiosity.

2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:08 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd
...The newer PD 9250 intelligent converters don't have a module readout. There is not much to do other than to look at it out of curiosity...
I believe, with the intelligent PD converters, you can still get a pendant that will allow you to select for yourself, what mode the charger is in. Just like on the CW. Why, I don't know.

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
eric1514 is offline   Reply With Quote