Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2019, 11:07 PM   #1

Default Referral to a good electrical upgrade shop

I have been studying a reasonable electrical upgrade for my 2001 Roadtrek 200 versatile and I am in over my head. Am considering 2 6volt AGM batteries relocated to a storage compartment with a multi stage charger, reasonable inverter and whatever else my old girl needs. Has anyone had good experience with a shop in the Mid Atlantic or even Southeast areas that I can trust to steer me in the right direction and do a quality install?
waynel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:55 AM   #2
Platinum Member

We've had good luck with upgrades to our Promaster conversion van at Blue Ridge Adventure Vehicles in Asheville, NC.

Blue Ridge Adventure Vehicles |
tgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 04:20 PM   #3

Tekris Co. in mid Jersey works on marine elect. systems, including batteries and inverters. Chris, the man to speak to, is very knowledgeable and has done wonders with my RT. 732 938 4996.
hherbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 05:07 PM   #4
otr
Gold Member

I am doing that with my 2000 190V right now, bought gear from a guy who is upgrading his 2014 190 P, 2-6v agm's, inverter/charger....removing the generator and adding solar panels and making it so the batteries will run the 110 circuits.
Hoping I do not get in over my head too fast!
otr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 05:27 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by otr View Post
I am doing that with my 2000 190V right now, bought gear from a guy who is upgrading his 2014 190 P, 2-6v agm's, inverter/charger....removing the generator and adding solar panels and making it so the batteries will run the 110 circuits.
Hoping I do not get in over my head too fast!

There are actually quite a few different threads on similar upgrades, both to 220ah with two AGMs and 440ah with 4 AGMs in six volt GC style documented on this forum. If you are going to remove the generator, it would be a good idea to do a very careful, and realistic, energy use balance, as if you want to run heavy use stuff like the microwave, instant pot, etc, they can eat up capacity pretty quickly. A major consideration always has to be how long you will be without any extra charging from shore or alternator, as you can't always count on the sun helping out. Component selection is pretty important to make sure you get good and consistent charging.

We did a 440ah conversion to our 07 C190P Roadtrek several years ago. 300 watts solar, huge alternator power, Magnum MS2000 inverter/charger, and removed the generator (the batteries are there now so no storage loss). We are very happy with the results , especially getting rid of the generator but still have enough power for a week offgrid and microwave use.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote