Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2019, 03:06 AM   #1

Default Roadtrek CS Adventurous: replace inverter/charger advice

2014 Roadtrek CS Adventurous. Inverter is failing - looks like control switch panel is failing. Woudl like to do a direct swop with same unit - so its an easy swop out / swop in. Having trouble sourcing the original unit. The original factory inverter/charger is 3KW unit from Microgreen Model MG-CI-AXA-3000-12-DC1 1420. This is a "badged" unit from China. Microgreen no longer supply it. The other label on the unit has this info: Model No: LW3000W-12-C, Input: 120VAC, 60Hz, Output: 120VAC, 60Hz, Barcode ||, 12302-14051470025.
It looks very similar to this unit, both specs and visually: https://zlpower.en.made-in-china.com...ter-1-6kw.html

Does anyone have advice on how to find one of these units?
Many thanks
MarkC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Inverter top.JPG (146.8 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg Inverter rear.JPG (133.4 KB, 49 views)
Mark_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 05:24 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Yours looks pretty similar to the Renogy model below. Very expensive, however. You can probably find a similar model on Amazon for cheaper (maybe re-branded, but basically a similar unit0. Just make sure the dimensions are the same or smaller. so it fits. Most should hardwire in the same way as your old one.

One additional consideration. If you think you'll ever upgrade to Lithium batteries, you should consider an inverter-charger with a lithium-compatable charging program.

https://www.amazon.com/Renogy-3000-W...07CZQC22R?th=1
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 05:29 PM   #3

Thank you. Good info. Indeed the new RoadTrek supplier, KS2Corp is offering LiI chargers. I still have AGM, so your idea of having both is good. Thanks for the Renogy info - & I'll do some sleuthing on Amazon and EBay as well...
Old 12-19-2019, 06:03 PM   #4

Mark C,
What are the symptoms of your failing I/C ? I have a 2015 CS Adv. with a Microgreen I/C very similar to yours. Mine may be failing too.
ranczar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 07:52 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Following this post
timp410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 12:46 AM   #6

Symptoms - erratic. When on shore power, cycling off sporadically. LEDs cycling with bleeping. Staying OFF even when switch is ON (with power mode OFF). Would restart if tapped on side of unit. Then misbehave sometime after. These symptoms got worse to the point the inverter was hard to power on at all. It has been a long process to identify an available unit with same form factor, wiring layout & remote - although there are several (e.g Renogy and Microgreen). I am awaiting a new 4,000W unit from Sungoldpower. My opinion is these units are all very similar, all from China and out of date compared to latest units (that support LiI batteries, have better sensing). But they fit that slot behind the back seat...
Old 12-20-2019, 03:12 AM   #7

Mark_C,
Thanks for your quick reply.

I've seen that unit on Amazon. There's also a unit from Aims there too. My Microgreen only has one symptom, so it's' not quite as frustrating as yours. I'm still not even sure the issue is with the Inverter/Charger.

When on 30 amp shore power, I get power interruption whenever I draw about 16 amps or more.

The way I am alerted to this interruption is by the sound of the Start-Up chime of the Microwave. Not USING the microwave, just its re-starting after power has been interrupted.

Example: While running the Alde heating on Level 1 of 2 (about 8 amp draw), then trying to boil water in an electric kettle (about 8 amp draw), the AC power (and ONLY AC power) is interrupted. I know this by hearing the kettle click off, followed by the microwave start-up chime.

No error codes on the I/C and no changes to its display as the interruption occurs. This has occurred at multiple campgrounds/power pedestals over multiple months.

If anyone has suggestions on what to check, I'm grateful, as I've been trouble shooting this for a while now.
Old 12-20-2019, 07:08 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranczar View Post
When on 30 amp shore power, I get power interruption whenever I draw about 16 amps or more.
Obviously the internal transfer switch. I would start by checking, tightening the AC power connections to the inverter then take the cover off and follow it to the transfer switch looking for evidence of high current heat.

Maybe you can replace the transfer switch.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 09:40 PM   #9

I will give the connections a look and attempt to tighten them. If they’re OK, I’ll then think about removing the unit from the van and taking it apart. Thanks for your time and expertise!
Old 12-21-2019, 12:52 PM   #10

Hi Folks,

I had the same unit in my 2018 RT CS Adventurous. It was less than 1 month old when it all but caught on fire! Overheated to the point where it melted the connectors and filled the coach with smoke!

I contacted davy.hung@microgreen.ca at Microgreen. He was very helpful. The unit that malfunctioned is no longer available as "new", however it was (in October 2019) available as "reconditioned". Microgreen did have a new replacement unit, however it is several inches longer. In spite of the additional length it did fit in the allocated space. The swap was quite easy. The worst issue being removal and replacement of the sofa bed.

My unit was equipped with 2 - 200amp lithium batteries. The new inverter worked flawlessly.

The replacement unit model number is MPIC-LF30121. I believe the retail cost is approx. $800 USD plus shipping from Canada at $150. Mr. Hung was kind enough to sell me the new unit for $550 USD plus shipping due to the age of my unit. It should have been covered under warranty, but Microgreen wouldn't honor the warranty due the the RT bankruptcy. They said they were stuck for megga bucks!

Hope this helps.
Scrubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 08:11 PM   #11

Default Remote switch for the Microgreen inverter on my 2013 Roadtrek

Hi all,
I have been searching all over for a replacement remote switch for my Microgreen inverter. The inverter part number is mg-axa-ci-3000-12-dc1.
I have tried amazon and the AIM inverter remote switch they sell didn't work. Anyone find one that does?

Andrea

P.S. I really sucks that Roadtrek went out of business. I also need some replacement lights and latches and wherever I go the sales folks just sigh and say "good luck"(:
aea600@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 01:02 AM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aea600@aol.com View Post
Hi all,
I have been searching all over for a replacement remote switch for my Microgreen inverter. The inverter part number is mg-axa-ci-3000-12-dc1.
I have tried amazon and the AIM inverter remote switch they sell didn't work. Anyone find one that does?

Andrea

P.S. I really sucks that Roadtrek went out of business. I also need some replacement lights and latches and wherever I go the sales folks just sigh and say "good luck"(:

Welcome to the forum Andrea!
Old 03-17-2020, 02:34 AM   #13

Hi Andrea,
Davy Hung at Microgreen has been helpful in the past; maybe worth a try. His address is in this thread from one of the other responders.
Randy

[QUOTE=aea600@aol.com;106199]Hi all,

Andrea
Old 09-03-2020, 07:32 PM   #14

Hi folks,
I found ya’ll through Goggle search so hope some one can help. I’m not sure if I have a lit battery or micro green inverter problem. Van is a 2016 CS Adventurous. Both lit batteries have been replaced. Last one was in May of 2019. When I turn on my left battery it is fine, turn on right battery and it starts clicking ( it’s the new one). They both show over 13.4 volts. If I turn on the inverter or plug in to shore power the inverter alarm goes off and battlers click. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
Cboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 11:10 PM   #15
Platinum Member

The info you seek is available on this site. I am not one of the knowledgable people on your system and searches for, K2 etrek and others I can think of have not produced the threads I am looking for.

In short, I think K2 is the builder of your battery modules and users here have found a way to rewire them to make them more functional. I am unable to locate that thread.

Hopefully others will help with at least contact info for K2.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 01:08 AM   #16
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cboat View Post
Hi folks,
I found ya’ll through Goggle search so hope some one can help. I’m not sure if I have a lit battery or micro green inverter problem. Van is a 2016 CS Adventurous. Both lit batteries have been replaced. Last one was in May of 2019. When I turn on my left battery it is fine, turn on right battery and it starts clicking ( it’s the new one). They both show over 13.4 volts. If I turn on the inverter or plug in to shore power the inverter alarm goes off and battlers click. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbn7hj View Post
The info you seek is available on this site. I am not one of the knowledgable people on your system and searches for, K2 etrek and others I can think of have not produced the threads I am looking for.

In short, I think K2 is the builder of your battery modules and users here have found a way to rewire them to make them more functional. I am unable to locate that thread.

Hopefully others will help with at least contact info for K2.
Welcome to the forum Cboat!

There are a few (but limited in number) Etrek owners on this forum. Especially since your battery is new, I'd heed the advice above and call K2.

That doesn't mean someone else won't be along with more specific advice. After all, there is a lot of knowledge on this forum. Good luck.
Old 08-11-2021, 12:11 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_C View Post
2014 Roadtrek CS Adventurous. Inverter is failing - looks like control switch panel is failing. Woudl like to do a direct swop with same unit - so its an easy swop out / swop in. Having trouble sourcing the original unit. The original factory inverter/charger is 3KW unit from Microgreen Model MG-CI-AXA-3000-12-DC1 1420. This is a "badged" unit from China. , Input: 120VAC, 60Hz, Output: 120VAC, 60Hz, Barcode ||, 12302-14051470025.
It looks very similar to this unit, both specs and visually: https://zlpower.en.made-in-china.com...ter-1-6kw.html

Does anyone have advice on how to find one of these units?
Many thanks
MarkC
Hello do you still need a roadtrek inverter i have 2 of the Microgreen Model No: LW3000W-12-C
the eddee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 12:15 PM   #18

Hello do you still need this inverter i have 2 here
the eddee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 09:43 PM   #19
Gold Member

Default Bad inverter

My 2019 Roadtrek Simplicity charger/inverter auto switch also went by by. I was running the AC plugged in the garage and went into the house to eat lunch, which I have done many times when working on the RV. When I came back the batterys (2 100Amp AGM) were at 10.2v and the AC still running.
I found one Battery had a shorted cell, although the inverter would not charge the good one after a manual charge with my battery charger. It would start then just turn off. Soon after the inverter just went out, I pulled it but I cant make it turn on with any battery.

So I decided to build my own system and change to lithium. I ordered 4 = 3.2v 280ah cells. My inverter was the same as mentioned in this thread which is a power star but a 2000w one cm2000. So I ordered a 2000w sine waver inverter with remote control panel. $250, Also a 10 amp lithium Po4 charger $33, an auto ac switch for House ac and inverter ac $30. I figured 10 amp charger was enough as when ever I park, the batteries are fully charged and its only for maintience. Next time something goes bad I just have to order one part not an expensive inverter/charger auto switch combo. Im still deciding on a BMS, I think a 150Amp would be enough, about $120 for smart one.
larrylwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 03:53 PM   #20

Do you still have these. If so how much for one and where are they located?
Guimond45 is offline   Reply With Quote