Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2016, 04:45 PM   #141
Bronze Member

Not a dumb question. I discussed the same thing with my dealer at La Mesa in Davis, CA. Apparently they checked with RT and for whatever reason did not persue that course of action. I do not know how RT connects the refrig to the batteries indirectly. If you were to do this, it you would likely bypass the battery switch... which I actually like. When not using my RT, I set the thermostat dial to 1 and this keeps my freezer around 35 degrees F. I store drinks in this compartment and when I am ready to go camping it does not take long to bring the refrig/freezer to normal operating temperatures. I often turn "off" the battery switch to all the other devices.
hdevera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 04:43 PM   #142
Bronze Member

Booster, It has just occurred to me that if switching the Norcold to 24v use would solve the problem, I assume that RT would have thought it as a solution... rather than recommending to owners to remove the resistor. I can only think that that solution was difficult to do and rewiring was to expensive.
hdevera is offline   Reply With Quote