Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2015, 11:06 PM   #41
Platinum Member

Okay, done lurking...

Look, the easy thing to do is simply leave Mike's Facebook group to avoid all the BS involved in it. I have thought of doing that many times. I stay for two reasons, I do get some useful information on occasion by participating in a few discussions but I have also stopped providing "free" customer support to most requests for help. The second reason I stay is that I am a geek at heart and love the opportunity to taunt the Jocks and Prom Queens with the knowledge that at some point I will step too far over the line and get beat up by the bullies. Think of it as a game. Every once in awhile I manage to get in a post that they don't appreciate but are unable to do anything about because I happen to be following the rules and living up to the goal of the group "to promote the small motorhome lifestyle". If I can say a kind word about Roadtrek competitors and mention things that disturb them, like Roadrek is no longer the "leader" in Class B sales, when one of the fan girls repeats it over and over, without getting censored or kicked out, I think I am making a small dent in their cult. I expect I will leave soon in any case, they recently managed to treat my wife with disrespect when she suggested they could improve their skills at moderation of the group if the moderators simply stopped making rude comments and followed the rules of decorum expected of everyone else.

I surely understand why most people would leave quickly with all the BS but for me it seems like a form of revenge of the nerds...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 11:19 PM   #42
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markopolo View Post
It's ridiculous that the post was deleted.

I just don't understand why anyone puts up with that BS.
Of course they deleted it. Can you imagine the fallout if people got the idea that you could turn in these troublesome vans and get a refund?

You ain't seen nothing yet. Wait until the lemon-law suits start coming. It's just a matter of time I'm afraid.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 11:26 PM   #43
Platinum Member

The person who got the refund and made the post that got deleted is a not someone that Mike really wants to take on, he is the head of a large company and not your average joe, I expect we have not seen the end of it yet. He mentioned he is planning to do a youtube video to document what happened...
Old 10-18-2015, 11:38 PM   #44
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
The person who got the refund and made the post that got deleted is a not someone that Mike really wants to take on, he is the head of a large company and not your average joe, I expect we have not seen the end of it yet. He mentioned he is planning to do a youtube video to document what happened...
He certainly played it right. Not taking delivery until it was proved that everything works is key. That's the way it works with yachts. Litigation is pretty straight forward if they can't deliver what's in the paperwork. Also the amount to sue for is substantially less - he would be suing for return of his deposit. The dealership and/or Roadtrek would probably countersue for the full value of the contract, but I doubt they would if they couldn't meet spec.

The tougher route it to take delivery, pay and then end up having to go thru the lemon law process or just plain litigate after the fact. The process is geared towards settlement and meeting in the middle. Takes forever.

At most, this buyer would have lost his deposit. He was never on the hook to pay the full amount if it didn't pass inspection. Kudos to him. We should all follow his example.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:08 AM   #45
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
Better be careful, or he will put you in the category with all the rest of us "worryworts" on the class B forum!

We just need to grateful that Roadtrek doesn't have influence here, or there would only be about 3 posts with everyone banned.
It is a no whine but wine, Brie and crackers forum to promote Roadtrek with a subtle usurping of the small motorhomes lifestyle. It's strength are its members and travelogue postings. They do have a lot of talented travelers posting there. It is an open forum so you don't have to join. You can't post but the like button works for non members. I wonder if I, never a member, is the only one with the distinction of being blocked by Campskunk pre-emptorily? . That's how tone deaf and afraid they are with their controls.

All they would have to do is become a main sponsor here to shut us down.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 12:12 AM   #46
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
It is a no whine but wine, Brie and crackers forum to promote Roadtrek with a subtle usurping of the small motorhomes lifestyle. It's strength are its members and travelogue postings. They do have a lot of talented travelers posting there. It is an open forum so you don't have to join. You can't post but the like button works for non members. I wonder if I, never a member, is the only one with the distinction of being blocked by Campskunk pre-emptorily? . That's how tone deaf and afraid they are with their controls.

All they would have to do is become a main sponsor here to shut us down.
Davydd-i am also blocked by Campskunk
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 12:15 AM   #47
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
Yes, but you are a member. I never joined or posted there.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:16 AM   #48
Platinum Member

I think the guy getting the refund is perhaps a bit overdramatic. We all have the image of RT eating crow and cutting him a check for $150K or more. But really, he hadn't bought anything yet, and it's just about his deposit. For me that was 5k -- big difference.

Still, he was very right to insist on it all working before accepting it, and that should be a model for all of us.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:18 AM   #49
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
I think everyone over here gets blocked by him. His loss.

Well if they want to sponsor over here, Marko, don't leave money on the table! They are paying Mike over $30k a year plus perks.

So if you want some hot, grey solar broiled chicken, I could probably hook you up!
Old 10-19-2015, 12:21 AM   #50
Platinum Member

This is no longer Marko's forum. He sold it to what I think is a good group. We have had win-win all along so far.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:58 AM   #51
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
I think everyone over here gets blocked by him. His loss.

Well if they want to sponsor over here, Marko, don't leave money on the table! They are paying Mike over $30k a year plus perks.

So if you want some hot, grey solar broiled chicken, I could probably hook you up!
With all this going on, I always wonder how the the folks that are on the payroll can justify supporting all the deceit and intimidation. By all accounts, and some personal contact in the past, several of them seemed like really decent people.

We all know about Wendland, Campskunk, Yan Seiner, but are some of the hyper bully "fan girls" also getting special perks to do the dirty work?
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:11 AM   #52
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
With all this going on, I always wonder how the the folks that are on the payroll can justify supporting all the deceit and intimidation. By all accounts, and some personal contact in the past, several of them seemed like really decent people.

We all know about Wendland, Campskunk, Yan Seiner, but are some of the hyper bully "fan girls" also getting special perks to do the dirty work?
Other than free kool-aid, I have no idea. Groupies never get a payoff though. Used occasionally, sure.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:30 AM   #53
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
At most, this buyer would have lost his deposit. He was never on the hook to pay the full amount if it didn't pass inspection. Kudos to him. We should all follow his example.
Actually the full price had been paid... he had apparently financed it (we are not privy to all those details). He got the full amount back as he never took delivery or signed the final papers... and his dealer was fully backing him.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:35 AM   #54
Platinum Member

Andrew Covington's post was probably 3 times longer than the snippet I quoted. I often provide a link to the source of information and a quote to give an idea of the content.

I wish I had quoted the entire post now. The comments I saw were supportive of both him and Roadtrek, along the lines of these things happen.

These things do happen. Sparing the customer more delay and disappointment is the right thing to do if that's what the customer wants.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:21 AM   #55
Platinum Member

Yes, as mumkin says, he had made 2 payments on the van and mentioned that he got a full refund check for the total purchase amount.

Since the Roadtreking group is an open group and anyone could have seen the original post and comments from Mike W. before they were quickly deleted, I have no problem with posting them here. I had saved them anticipating the early demise of he discussion. I do not know if there is any issue with posting it here since I am not famiiar enough with the forum to know if there would be. In any case, I have the total comments made by the original poster and Mike, there were a few comments by others that I do not have but as I recall they were not significant in terms of the actual meat of the discussion.

Not sure how to proceed without some guidance. Is there an owner/moderator/indian chief of this forum who I should look to for guidance? I read a comment that the forum was no longer "owned" by the originator and it had been "sold" to another entity. What does that mean in terms of "approved content"? And how do I know one of you wise guys won't tell me to go ahead and post it and not worry about the issue when I should be more careful?
Help me out here...
Old 10-19-2015, 11:36 AM   #56
Platinum Member

Social Knowledge LLC has owned and operated this forum since April 2015.

Here's the link: http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f4...orum-3493.html

My profile shows me as being part of the site team but that is just a legacy permission. I have no official role in the running of this forum and no financial interest in it at all.

Janet is the person to contact with any questions about what content is permitted: http://www.classbforum.com/forums/pr...o=newpm&u=2964
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:54 AM   #57
Platinum Member

Okay, I don't care enough about posting it to take any more time on it. If someone wants me to email it to them to proceed, I will be glad to send it.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:03 PM   #58
Platinum Member

I also posted it in two segments on the Roadtrek Owners Facebook group yesterday just after it happened so anyone who is a member there can copy it and post it if they have the desire to do it.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:30 PM   #59
Platinum Member

Well, campskunk has been checking on the posts here to see what is going on and here is the result, posted on Mike Wendland's Facebook page not the Roadtreking Facebook page. I said nothing here that I haven't said before on the Raodtrek Owners Facebook group but that is a closed group and maybe they have no one monitoring it for them. I have been excommunicated and Gerry should watch out, he might also get the boot for things he has said on this forum as shown by campskunks quote from him...

------------------------------------------

Campskunk did some surveollance and found:
I sent a PM to Mike. I told him the 5 people with issues. He said he did not know about these ecotrek issues.

However he does not want 5 people with issues posting on his site so he deleted the post.

http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f5...html#post34644

Greg McHugh is also a weasel. see below.

Okay, done lurking...

Look, the easy thing to do is simply leave Mike's Facebook group to avoid all the BS involved in it. I have thought of doing that many times. I stay for two reasons, I do get some useful information on occasion by participating in a few discussions but I have also stopped providing "free" customer support to most requests for help. The second reason I stay is that I am a geek at heart and love the opportunity to taunt the Jocks and Prom Queens with the knowledge that at some point I will step too far over the line and get beat up by the bullies. Think of it as a game. Every once in awhile I manage to get in a post that they don't appreciate but are unable to do anything about because I happen to be following the rules and living up to the goal of the group "to promote the small motorhome lifestyle". If I can say a kind word about Roadtrek competitors and mention things that disturb them, like Roadrek is no longer the "leader" in Class B sales, when one of the fan girls repeats it over and over, without getting censored or kicked out, I think I am making a small dent in their cult. I expect I will leave soon in any case, they recently managed to treat my wife with disrespect when she suggested they could improve their skills at moderation of the group if the moderators simply stopped making rude comments and followed the rules of decorum expected of everyone else.

I surely understand why most people would leave quickly with all the BS but for me it seems like a form of revenge of the nerds...

http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f5...html#post34646

Therefore... will someone delete McHugh. Drop him a note to tell him his report has been reported to us from the other forum and since he is so conflicted about being on our group...we can make it easy for him.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:04 PM   #60

Jocks? Prom queens? Working out geek fantasies?

Unbelievable.
Jefiner is offline   Reply With Quote