Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2019, 03:18 AM   #1
Silver Member

Default Travato Inverter

Winnebago installs a 1000W inverter, along with a separate transfer sw to power 3-4 outlets in the Travato. What good is a 1000W inverter ?
Toyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 04:28 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Everything but microwave and A/C. How much battery is behind it? I think the answer is not much. The purpose of 1000 watts is to run the entertainment and charge your devices. For that it is probably overkill.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:23 PM   #3
Silver Member

My thoughts exactly. I can’t figure Winnebago spending the bucks for a system like this except to be a marketing ploy for some.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:00 PM   #4
Gold Member

My Roadtrek only has a 750w inverter. It's only designed to run the entertainment center, roof fan, and a couple of the outlets for light use. The generator covers the rest. That said, mine has done everything I have asked of it. People have told me I should upgrade all the components, but I don't see the point or value for the expense.
bigfelipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:14 PM   #5
Silver Member

I have an older Travato 59K without the inverter. The entertainment system, including the TV, is all 12V, so you don’t need an inverter for that.
For me, the primary use for a 1000 watt inverter would be for a coffee maker or toaster.
gk&hc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 07:01 PM   #6
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk&hc View Post
I have an older Travato 59K without the inverter. The entertainment system, including the TV, is all 12V, so you don’t need an inverter for that.
For me, the primary use for a 1000 watt inverter would be for a coffee maker or toaster.
That's cool... Probably more efficiency potential there. The only issue is lack of options for replacement equipment. My inverter probably pulls as much as the stuff I use it for over time...
bigfelipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:37 PM   #7
Platinum Member

The 1000 watt inverter has been more than enough for our needs in our ’19 Travato K. Powers TV, recharges laptops, keeps electric toothbrush charged. It’s a balance. A larger inverter might power the microwave for a couple minutes which would be nice but it also would draw a lot more power when idling which would pull down the battery. For us it’s an ideal size.
teck13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:56 PM   #8
Silver Member

gk&hc has the best.