Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2016, 01:49 AM   #1

Default Update on Roadtrek Ecotrek and Voltstart???

We are looking to purchase a Zion with Ecotrek 400, Voltstart, solar and the GU as we really want lithium and the engine generator for boondocking. The previous discussions on this subject have trailed off. Do the problems remain Ecotrek and Voltstart or are they fully resolved? How are real world applications working? Thanks for all the great info and comments on this site. Very informative!
dc83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:09 AM   #2
Platinum Member

There is one poster on the Yahoo Roadtrek board who just got an SRT with the lithium and voltstart, and it seems to be doing OK. Hard to really tell because she got no real manual or instructions with it and has had to feel her way through everything. She has been able to reheat and charge after a cold battery shutdown, however, which is a big plus in confidence. She is a prolific poster over there, so we should be getting lots of good feedback from here system.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc83 View Post
we really want lithium and the engine generator for boondocking.

With the engine at idle, it drinks .5-.6gph to run the generator. One of the larger Honda Gensets would be cheaper in the long run.

I'm looking at the SRT as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wolfpackpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:49 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Delivery on this unit - http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f5...html#post38607 - was just over a week ago so it should have all the fixes in. Maybe send wpshivers - Class B Forums - View Profile: wpshivers - a messge. Hopefully he'll post here in this topic also.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:54 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Best place to get info on recent deliveries of these items is on the Roadtrek Owners Group on Facebook. This group is not restricted to owners.

Recent Zion and Chevy deliveries seem to be pretty stable and working correctly now with some issues still happening where the Voltstart has problems and needs to be replaced at the dealer. The Ecotrek is reported to be up to version G and working fine with the auxiliary AGM. Not any issues with recent deliveries of the engine generator except for a connector that came off in one case. Sprinter delivery reports are sparse with the one noted above the only recent report I have seen. Rework of earlier deliveries that had issues continues, e.g., installing the aux AGM.

Lack of detailed written instructions from Roadtrek continues to be an issue but hopefully now that the configurations seem to have stabilized and are functional Roadtrek will be able to finalize and deliver instructions. Roadtrek is out training dealers on the new systems, in Phoenix at the moment, so we may see some more knowledge out in the field. Current owners have been pretty dependent on getting info from Roadtrek directly and the resources there with knowledge on the systems have been limited.
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 03:42 PM   #6

Greg, thanks for the info. Have joined roadtrek's owners group on your advice.
By version G does that mean there has been an evolution from A-F and now it's at version G?
dc83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 04:55 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Only Roadtrek could answer the question of how many versions there have been and which of those were delivered to customers and which were prototypes. Not likely they will divulge that info since they are tight lipped about any details about any of the new technology systems.
Old 02-13-2016, 02:32 PM   #8

Default Things are looking up at Roadtrek

dc83, I have a 2016 Roadtrek 170V with Ecotrek 400 (revision G), Voltstart, underhood generator and 200 watts solar. Everything works as advertised, and the last 2 times I emailed Roadtrek, I got an answer within an hour. The local Roadtrek dealer has a fantastic technician who knows how to work on the new technology. I am happy.
Nancy Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 03:53 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Kay View Post
dc83, I have a 2016 Roadtrek 170V with Ecotrek 400 (revision G), Voltstart, underhood generator and 200 watts solar. Everything works as advertised, and the last 2 times I emailed Roadtrek, I got an answer within an hour. The local Roadtrek dealer has a fantastic technician who knows how to work on the new technology. I am happy.
Happy for you. It's good to hear from folks that have had a positive experience.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 03:34 PM   #10
Bronze Member

At the Seattle RV show last week we ordered a SRT with Ecotrek 400, Voltstart and 200 watt solar. We are expecting delivery end of March. Mike Williams, Regional Sales Manager, was very helpful in making the deal happen. We are looking forward to actually seeing the unit and as always, hope my dealer knows how to support it.
islandrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 03:37 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandrog View Post
At the Seattle RV show last week we ordered a SRT with Ecotrek 400, Voltstart and 200 watt solar. We are expecting delivery end of March. Mike Williams, Regional Sales Manager, was very helpful in making the deal happen. We are looking forward to actually seeing the unit and as always, hope my dealer knows how to support it.
Very good. Consider joining the Roadtrek Owners Group on Facebook. Lots of owners giving helpful advice including many with the newer technology items including Zion owners.
Old 02-15-2016, 04:13 PM   #12

We also have a Zion on order with Ecotrek, Voltstart, and solar. Like you, we are excited about taking delivery of the coach, and we are expecting good support from our dealer if needed.
jvenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:03 PM   #13
Silver Member

We ordered a similarly equipped unit beginning of November and they have pushed the delivery to end of March. Not sure we will even see it then. Good luck. When we pressed the Roadtrek factory they said they are very behind.
Cannuck is offline   Reply With Quote