Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2018, 04:13 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default What Class B's are using Lithium

I'm still finding more RV's stepping up to using Lithium, however, I would like to know of any others. I have learned Models showing "L" means Lithium Model.

The http://CoachmenRV.com Galleria a Class B, has a Lithium Model 24FL.

The http://WinebagoIND.com Travato, a Class B, has one Lithium Model showing two floorplans, 59GL and 59KL.

Would anyone know of other RV Manufactures that make Lithium Models?
A Manufacturer's website address would be helpful thanks as well as MODEL(S). Without writing a useless novel. So please KEEP all post short or don't post on this string thanks.

Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 06:28 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I believe all Pleasure Way models use them. Other than that your best bet is to start searching Google for class B manufacturers websites. I don't think there would be anyone who knows all of them to give you the answers you want.

The coachmen crossfit 22C and 22D also have lithium. The L does not necessarily mean lithium. From what I can see the Galleria has lithium for all models 24A, 24FL, 24Q and 24T.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:47 PM   #3
Platinum Member

YES, On Pleasure WAY, JOINING in 2018, running on Lithium and still showing a generator for needed re-charging. So check out the videos to learn more. YES, Also on the Cross Fit Joining Lithium as an added option.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on both Manufactures.

So now we have Coachmen, Pleasure-Way, Winnebago
http://pleasureway.com
Old 12-02-2018, 08:13 PM   #4
Platinum Member

My notes say

Winne travato
Pleasure way luxor
Roadtrek etrex
Coachmen galleria
Midwest
Advance rv

Could be wrong......
TygerMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:14 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
I'm still finding more RV's stepping up to using Lithium, however, I would like to know of any others. I have learned Models showing "L" means Lithium Model.

The Coachmen RV - Manufacturer of Travel Trailers - Fifth Wheels - Tent Campers - Motorhomes Galleria a Class B, has a Lithium Model 24FL.
The "L" does not stand for lithium. "FL" = "front lounge". "Li3" is Coachmen's way to indicate a lithium package (much more than just a lithium battery); and it's an expensive ($21,600) available option in all four Galleria models - 24A, 24FL, 24Q and 24T.
DUTCH in Atlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:01 PM   #6
Bronze Member

A lot of Roadtreks have lithium. Also underhood engine generator, alde heating, etc.
hardybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 04:07 PM   #7
Bronze Member

Yeah, but the RoadTreks of the world are starting to fall behind. They were once pioneers, but those new RVs from Winnebago and Advanced RV use Volta packs:

At higher voltage levels (58v) the alternators and wires are smaller and the batteries can charge faster. With higher capacities, you can use it for more than traditional battery packs including running the roof AC off the batteries as though you were plugged into shore power. The batteries can even be charging while the roof AC is running off the alternator.

They even offer replacement compressors for your dash AC that can run off the batteries.

Expensive, but quoted to last the life of the vehicle. How many Lead Acid battery sets have you put in your RV so far?

-Randy
israndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 04:24 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Do any of the units offering the Volta have anything close to Roadtrek's 6 year warranty, that includes battery replacement? That's a huge factor to consider when contemplating a very expensive lithium set-up and how new this technology is. Frankly, anyone purchasing one of these systems in the first couple of model years is a beta tester - there aren't enough of them out there for long enough to really know their reliability or quirks.
Belzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 05:30 PM   #9
Bronze Member

Default What class b are using lithium

My dilemna is that my trojan t-105s are now 8.5 years old and going strong. I am looking for future replacement to lithiums but not sure i will ever be able to justify them at $1200 or more each. $2400 vs $300 for my 06 Roadtrek 210.
hardybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:54 PM   #10
Gold Member

I don't think it is as simple as just dropping in the lithium batteries. There would be other changes necessary.
kmessinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 07:05 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Volta batteries are warrantied for 8 years.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 07:22 PM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmessinger View Post
I don't think it is as simple as just dropping in the lithium batteries. There would be other changes necessary.
It very definitely is not drop in simple.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:51 PM   #13

I just purchased a Carado Banff made by Erwin Hymer NA (maker of Roadtrek). It is available with a 400Ah Lithium Battery option. The listed option price is $5000 CAD. Mine does not have the Li batteries but does have the underhood generator. At that price, I am reluctant to purchase.
browngw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:36 PM   #14
Platinum Member

Again Thanks Randy, I am stuck on the Coachmen RV Galleria, Model FL24 and would never for myself would I try and ad a Lithium-ION System. Here is Coachmen RV's http://http://xantrex.com/industry-s...-vehicles.aspx and to be fair here is Volta. http://voltapowersystems.com
Old 12-10-2018, 10:52 PM   #15
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
Again Thanks Randy, I am stuck on the Coachmen RV Galleria, Model FL24
"stuck"? How so?
Old 12-10-2018, 11:07 PM   #16
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUTCH in Atlanta View Post
It very definitely is not drop in simple.
YES, you are correct and its how much you would want to do. I for one would not. Here is a link to Coachmen Xandtrax http://http://xantrex.com/industry-s...-vehicles.aspx And Winnebago uses the Volta System, ( Link above ).